Thread: No sneak enchant in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

No sneak enchant in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I played for 3 days on my friends Xbox, and got a character to about 20. Then, I bought my own copy for PC. On my Xbox character, I disenchanted an item to get an enchant to fortify sneak. On my PC character (which now has higher enchanting), I can't disenchant any of the items I have found with fortify sneak on them. It’s getting frustrating. Is it a bug on PC, or did my roommate not have an update on his Xbox that changed it? I can't disenchant an item with fortify sneak. The item doesn't even show up in the disenchant screen. Before I could, now I can't.

Re: No sneak enchant in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be able to disenchant random loot with the fortify ability. Though, I have noticed that there are some items that are not meant to be disenchanted, such as the amulets of the 8+1 divines and spiked shields. I assume this may also be true or some of the unique armors that you might gain through questlines.

I have several items with sneak on them, that's not the issue. Problem is that I can't disenchant any of them. And on Xbox, I could. Maybe already have the enchantment without noticing it. Other than that, can't say for sure what the problem is without some screenshots.

I've got 2 pairs of boots and a chest piece, all 3 with +sneak on them. None of which are unique. I have some unique items too, from the dark brotherhood, but I just assumed that those wouldn't work. I'll throw up some screen shots, like someone suggested.

I'm seeing similar issues. Can't disenchant unique items, but have also found some 'non-unique' stuff with sneak-related buffs and can't disenchant those either. I'm running on a pc. It wedges, as I have a thief/mage and am trying to get rid of all my armour, but can't disenchant, and therefore enchant, shoes and gloves with many of the thief bonuses.

I know it’s possible. But my game refuses to allow me to. What I was hoping for was for someone to say it was a bug and that they knew a fix. Basically, something useful. Meaning the opposite of what you gave.