Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonbone vs. Daedric Armor

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonbone vs. Daedric Armor

Hello guys I was reading some article about this and while reading I found that someone post stats of it and actually daedric armor is superior to dragonbone. Daedric armor (legendary) 125 armor 50 weights, value 6400, dragonbone armor (legendary) 120, weight 40 values 4250. Daedric boots and gloves have armor 52 at the same time as dragonplate has 49. Daedric helmet has 60 and dragon 59. As a result, Didn`t developers said dragonbone armor is most excellent in game? What you guys think about it? Please share your views with me. I am waiting for your replies all replies are appreciated.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonbone vs. Daedric Armor

As long as it looks enhanced than daedric I’m well with that. I hate the daedric armor look from oblivion. There possibly will be more going on. Such as that Daedric set may have been improved while that's base Dragonbone. Heck, he possibly will be posting the stats for light Dragonbone. Improved Smithing and Enchantments are not mentioned. Therefore I do not see what the concern is. Even if base daedric is better than dragonbone slightly.

Doubt this is true. One guy said (and I believe him) that he had fully upgraded orcish armor with heavy perks at 480 AR or 192 without any heavy armor perk (assuming he had them all, I know he maxed juggernaut at least.) I have also heard reports of maxed dragonbone with maxed heavy armor perks being around 800 AR. I suspect that the Dragonbone will be better once it is upgraded. The Daedric will boost like 80% and the Dragonbone 100%, making it slightly better and much lighter.

Considering Dragon armor is above Daedric in the smithing perks, Dragon has to be better in some way, probably a set bonus for wearing all of them or perhaps it comes pre-enchanted like the imperial dragon armor in Oblivion.

It seems that Dragonplate offers slightly less defense, but is a lot lighter, also materials to make it seem to be a lot easier to get. So it seems like a better trade off. And it seems that Dragonscale will be the better light armor in the game. We shall wait and see. Daedric has always been the best armor in TES, so maybe the developers wanted to make it have the best armor rating, but dragon seems to be a better choice overall.

The only reason a Heavy Armored person would take that perk is for better armor. By this point it's safe to say anyone with that good of armor likely has the perk that makes armor no longer slow him down, so the saved 10 pounds, besides being insignificant, are pretty worthless. It's also fairly safe to say the player is not under the illusion he's a master sneaker anymore, and losing those 10 pounds won't make him Hattori Hanzo. There aren't even dragon weapons to offset the loss of the perk. The only real benefit of getting the dragon armor perk, as a heavy armor wearer, is you get to look snazzy wearing dragon armor.

People wearing heavy armors are most likely try to reach perk to make heavy armors weightless, and they are most probably trying to enchant those armors with some useful enchants (other than Shield!), so the bare armor rating counts.

Traditionally Conjured/Bound Armor is normally on par with normal Daedric Armor right? Has there been much word on how Skyrim's Bound Weapons and Armors compare to mundane gear?

If you head to the left side of the tree, you get dragon with your 5th point and daedric with your 6th. If you head to the right, the opposite is true. Light armor people are still going to spend that 6th perk so they can make daedric weapons. The difference of 10 points of smithing skill required to get the perks is negligible. There are two paths of perks Heavy armor and Light armor. I seriously doubt any armor requires two perks to make it. All the perks on the right side are heavy armor (Dwarven, Ebony, Daedric etc) and all the perks on the other side unlock the ability to craft light armor. So advanced armor crafting is making light armor that is better than Elven Armor, but worse than Glass Armor.

Legendary indicates that it's been improved by someone with the appropriate perk. I imagine that the AR disparity is heightened by the improvement and may not even exist for unimproved versions. If true that means that Dragonbone armor would provide as much protection as Daedric and be lighter.

Hello guys, I would like to ask Can you articulate if Glass weapon are really that inferior to daedric one? Their biggest difficulty earlier than was that they break easily, since weapon breaks no better. And what regarding the stats of the light versus heavy dragon armor is there an actual difference this time? I remember within Oblivion through 100 skills in both light and heavy after that glass had the similar armor rating as Daedric.

My most excellent guess is that it permits you to improve your armor to legendary quality. as a result in the end it would be a option among being able to craft dragon armor which seems simpler to make and being capable to get better Daedric for additional 5% ( commencing the screenshots I assume that Dragon armor has base armour of 96 and Daedric of 100)

An additional thing I hope is, that we are not obligatory by the game to modify our armours to the most excellent ones at least on the medium difficulty levels. I approximating the light armours of the Legion and the Stormcloaks, possibly will stick to them and get better them through smithing.

I wasn’t going to be my initial run; however I have an idea for an Assassin that walked approximately in normal cloths and summoned armor and daggers earlier than combat. Meh oh wells, looks similar to that character is staying on top of the drawing board till I, or somebody else makes a mod.

An additional thing I hope is that we are not forced through the game to modify our armours to the most excellent ones at least on the medium complexity levels. I approximating the light armours of the Legion and the Stormcloaks, possibly will stick to them and get better them through smithing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast