Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To open chest now only lock picking option is there in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

To open chest now only lock picking option is there in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hello guys I was reading about this game yesterday and I found that now only lockpicking will get you into chest. The open lock spells have been removed commencing the game. Does this build any additional mages a little sad? Chameleon and unlocking spells are at the moment out of the game! What you guys believe regarding it? Please share your replies with me. All replies are appreciated.

Re: To open chest now only lock picking option is there in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I myself not at all liked the open lock spell. If for no additional reason it took a number of the fun of escaping jails. Having said that, I doubt that it is true. How will this force people to acquire lockpicking perks? Why waste perks at what time you are able to save right earlier than you pick a lock. If you break too a lot of after that you load.

Re: To open chest now only lock picking option is there in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I for all time thought it possibly will make more sense to have most chests "mechanically" locked (and some mechanically trapped), requiring lock picks (and other tools for disarming traps), but some chests/doors/etc magically sealed, which could be opened with magic. I mean, in a world of magic, it seems not unreasonable that mages would have developed their own spells/wards for sealing and trapping chests, doors, etc. occasionally possibly you'd even encounter a chest which is both locked and sealed. I actually think people acquire too worried regarding one skill making an additional skill 'useless'. The point is, or at least has been historically with Elder Scrolls games, that there's usually more than one way to accomplish things. You possibly will play a skilled thief and skip the magic in favor of opening locks or casting invisibility on top of yourself, saving yourself two skills you don't comprise to train up, training up two other skills instead. You could train up all the skills if you wanted.

I kind of hope the Elder Scrolls don’t give up that flexibility. I always found lock picking in Oblivion to be very irritating, so I was glad I had an additional option. I approximating that Elder Scrolls games give you lots of options and choices and you are able to do basically whatever you would like with your character.

Will there at rest be keys? I would guess that many chests would have keys wherever in the dungeon (moreover hidden, or within an enemy/npc inventory), as per usual through Elder Scrolls games?

Forcing everybody to play the lock pick game. I wouldn't have that huge of a deal through it except for the fact that the mini-game uses MY skills and not the skills of my highly trained thief in game. Personally I would like to have Alteration for mages, Lock picking for rogues and Lock Bash for warriors. Forcing lock picking. I just don't believe it. Now I have to personally get good at a mini-game that my in game character plays.

I'm glad I already reworked my build to add lock picking instead of alteration. I just felt like waiting until I had 50 alterations to open level 50 locks would be a pain. I'm pissed I'm going to miss out on paralyze though. I really wish it stayed in illusion. Now that I think of it. Did they take invisibility out of illusion? I haven't heard anything about I invisibility yet. They already took levitation. I do think that warriors should have a bash skill or better yet why does everything have to be locked? Every boss chest should have a key or not be locked.

I actually don't provide this much credence for the reason that it would make a single skill pretty much indefensible and that's pretty opposite of the stated "play as you want"(play as a mage or anything not thiefly well too bad you still have to improve your lockpicking) as well as getting rid of something that’s worked fine in two other games.

Open Locks and Levitation are not even in the same ballpark. Open Locks was just bad design - one spell effect invalidating a whole skill! It should have never worked on anything beyond average locks, if that. If it is gone, after that I say good riddance. People can always take the Tower Stone in Skyrim. If you want to get maximum treasure, it is only fair that you have to work for it. Alteration is still amazingly useful.

Unlocking locks without a key has always been seen as a thief/stealth character trait. Open Lock spells gave the ability for mages to effortlessly unlock them and left warriors completely in the cold. Now locks are among the thief/stealth traits exclusively, which makes sense, particularly since you can mix'n'match skills as you want. If you want to open locks without keys, go for the lockpicking skill. Why should Alteration (or spell scrolls) give you the same thing for less hassle?

As far as the whole "only being able to unlock things with lock picking" I doubt it. I can understand making it better to use lock picking than other alternatives, but I seriously do not think Bethesda would make it the only alternative.

You know what makes thieves more viable, making thieves more viable. In other words taking things away from others does not make the thief more viable, the lock picking skill is still as moronically specific as it was yesterday the viability of the thief did not improve. The viability of other styles just got worse. Improve the lock picking skill, and you make thieves more viable.

The merely difficulty I have through this is that it takes away assortment. I don't think that Open spells made lockpicking ineffective at all. A thief character possibly will not wish for to invest the time required to level up Alteration to the point that they are able to unlock high level locks.

There is dissimilarity among saving to reload if you die or if the game crashes and saving presently to reload until you acquire the predictable outcome. The previous is quite valid; the concluding is quite perceptibly abusing the game mechanics on the way to your benefit, which is called cheating. What is the dissimilarity between saving earlier than lock picking a chest presently to reload the game in anticipation of you acquire it opened and duping your lock picks presently to have sufficient tries to get it opened?

There possibly will simply be a second form of "breaking" a locked chest and doors through a crowbar or a hlligan type tool that necessitate strength and works off of a weapon skill. The tool will have the opportunity to break presently similar to a lockpick, even though I think it should be a small tougher. They possibly will even add in an animation and a slider bar or a clicking mini game, which acquire easier the higher your weapon skill and strength are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast