Thread: Escapism vs Reality in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Escapism vs Reality in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I am a big fan of TES series and that is being that I only played. I love open world RPG's and find that these games are among the best. There aren’t many that can compare. I have been looking forward to this game since the release of the teaser trailer and my fantastic escapism feeling returned. I hope that everybody the best of times in their fantasy world as well as the real. Please post your opinion about this here. Thank you.

Re: Escapism vs Reality in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

This is just a game but it is a game with flaws. When you pay $60+ for a game you expect it to be a good as possible. Game breaking bugs and there are some, isn't what one expects. I feel my point is totally missed because of my rushed typing. I am frustrated with people that live and die with gaming. I love games but I love my life more.

I think it has more to do with how Games companies are pretty much selling us unfinished games. This has been prolific during the past five years, having to wait for a patch to fix an easy to spot issue that should not be present in a complete game is bad. Some issues are spotted immediately by the players, so why not the QA tester’s games companies hire? I do agree with you, though. A lot of people simply take it too far, and it reflects badly on us all. I enjoy the escapism of games, I enjoy doing things I would never be able to do in the real world.

If all of you who are complaining take a game this serious than I fear for you in real life. Either you have none, or are too young to have felt the impact of the real world, and all the crap it brings. When I leave my day job today, I am stopping off at the store to get my reserved copy, dropping it off at my place, and going to my night job.