Thread: which mage is best with Armor in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

which mage is best with Armor in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

Hello guys I would like to ask one question to you guys, so my question, do you believe a mage (in the company of little to no melee/bow usage) would work most excellent with? Form Robes, Light Armor, Heavy Armor what you think which one is bets work with armor. I have no particular desire to cast a bunch of buffs on top of myself earlier than every fight, as a result I probably won’t use Oak Armor spell.

Re: which mage is best with Armor in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

Hello I will say robes are best in my opinion. It is like Bonus to mana regen. Just use a healing spell if you need. But I should point out that just casting Oak Armor before some harder fights aren’t a bunch of buffs every fight. Mana regen is greatly reduced in armor. Also, robes have better magic related enchants on them.

I'm thinking robes as well, especially if you want the traditional mage look. However there's also the Battle Mage type wearing heavy armor like a tank but still blasting out the magical death in every direction (think Sauron before he was turned into a giant eye spirit).

seeing that a mage I’d go definitely in favor of robes - +armor spell bonus, +mage/magicka stuff and looks simply better then a mage in heavy armor which is still a no go for me only thing I’m wondering if there are some nice robes - not super fenzy, realistic but nice, cause the ones I’ve seen look all the same.

Hello it’s a nice question so I think; Actually I wasn't thinking about any TES games when I was mentioning Sauron. I was thinking about a tank character with massive magical powers. I'm old school D&D, 2.5 editions. None of this 3rd edition Sorcerer nonsense allowed in my campaigns. A sorcerer is just a lazy man's Mage/Wizzard. They don't have to memorize spells per day or have any of the classic mage restrictions. The way Sorcerers work in 3 and 3.5 it just seems like they updated the way mages play for the "I want it now" generation. That's just my opinion though.

I'm sticking with robes; especially since I won't have the magic regen perks. If you think 3.5 made it too 'casual' then you'd hate 4.0. Make sure you pick up the mage armor perk in alteration. That should help with robe viability.

star Re: which mage is best with Armor in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

Well, after playing about 3 hours with the novice robes which you obtain early in the game, I've discovered one rule; Any close combat = death. Although in the Bleak Falls Barrow (which is kind of a tutorial to teach you how to handle enemies) you kill your opoenents within 2 seconds if you are using destruction magic in both hands. But once outside the rule applies immedietly. When you are traveling towards the Greybeards the Frost Trolls practicly kill you with one punch. (perhaps 2 =P)
    But if you just put the difficulty to novice when you encounter Frost Trolls you should be able get past them. And when you have reached the Greybeards they teach you the Word "ro". So now you know "Fus ro" which will make your enemies stagger for some time. With help of "Fus Ro" I discovered a pretty simple tactic that kills even the stronger opponents.

1. Use "Flames" (with both hands) until your oppoenent is too close.
    2. Shout out "Fus ro"
    3. Back up a little and use "FireBolt" (which can be bought from the Mage in Whiterun, who gives you the DragonStone-quest)
    4. Use "Flames" again until your opponent dies or (if it has finished loading)jump back to step 2 again.