Thread: Powerful Ultra Stealth Kill Build in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Powerful Ultra Stealth Kill Build in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Anyone here ever heard about Ultra Stealth Kill yet? I have devised a build that I believe is overwhelmingly powerful when striking from the shadows. It requires some key perks which I will outline, and you are on your way to being an unstoppable killing machine in no time! For your One-Handed perks, you are going to want to grab both ranks of Dual Flurry (Dual wielding attacks are 20% faster at rank 1, 40% faster at rank 2). You will also want to grab Dual Savagery (Dual wielding power attacks do 50% bonus damage). This build is powerful, but it relies heavily on stealth and careful placement behind your targets so you can roll into them with a dual power attack. Be careful, and Shadow Hide You. Anyone have any more idea about this?

Re: Powerful Ultra Stealth Kill Build in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I was thinking about a similar build for my second playthrough, but you have some very good ideas. The one potential flaw I can see is that you assume you can attack while doing a sprint roll. When you hold down attack during a normal sprint, the weapon is brought back as you charge. I can't see how the animations could do this while rolling. Alternatively, perhaps if you hold down the attack buttons, then sprint, you will perform a silent sprint and everything else will work as expected.

I have not played the game. This is just theory crafting based on the perk descriptions. Do you have reason to believe that sprinting while sneaking will not allow us to power attack from the shadows? If so, what is the point of Silent Roll? The perk has no functionality otherwise.

I guess there is only one way to find out. As the other poster said, this would totally torpedo my submarine if we can't do silent sprint power attacks. I guess, if worst comes to worst, the build could be amended and you could just take out Critical Charge and rely purely on stationary sneak power attacks using Dual Savagery and Assassins Blade. You can do a sneak power attack from a stationary position right? If not, stealth dagger classes will be quite disappointing.

If it all works, I'm sure people will love it. One thing that I'm curious about, though. I remember in Fallout they had perks that increased the damage of your crits, like the double crit perk you spoke of. Only downside, if I remember correctly, was that it didn't apply to you sneak attacks. Basically, giving you a reason to go for crit for normal combat, seeing as a sneak attack was an auto crit. I don't know that they'll be bringing that concept into Skyrim, but it's a thought.

I do admit there are a lot of assumptions here that need to be tested. For instance, after further reading I'm now not even sure if the Armsman line of Perks even applies to Daggers. Some people are saying using Daggers levels up your Sneak skill. I guess this build could be used regardless, and if you can stack the critical charge silent sprint damage onto a sneak attack, awesome - if not, you can always just use it when you are forced into standing combat without a sneak advantage.

I love the style of writing of the OP; I am a stealth character fan as well. But on the build, I feel it might be a little overkill, even of the Silent Roll theory does not work. With that many perks focused on that one kill, there is no options suggested from your build what you could do if you got spotted by someone next to your killed target. For example, would you consider the options that would turn you invisible on plan sight or any other spells that re-stealth you again? Otherwise your build as powerful as it is, you have to kill your target, if spotted afterwards, run out of the area, come back and repeat.