Thread: Got stuck at Carn Dum (Chapter 8 Part 4 glitch) in The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Got stuck at Carn Dum (Chapter 8 Part 4 glitch) in The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Hello friends, in that area after climbing a few stairs there is a snow troll, a few enemies and the construction of a right. I killed the troll of snow and I have to open the door, the point is that blocking the entrances to the building on the right does not open for me to reach the lever ... Has this happened to anyone? I cannot see that this is a genuine error, possibly just an enemy who glitched in a wall or something ... But I suspect that is a mistake. I must say that this is getting very irritating ... The enemy is still playing music but no enemies in sight, and this has been going on for an hour... so please tell me about it and if you have some more information about it then please tell me. Thank you.

Re: Got stuck at Carn Dum (Chapter 8 Part 4 glitch) in The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

I have exactly the same problem. I defeated the enemy in the area of the first and the doors were not locked to the lever was. When I pulled the lever on the screen went black for about a minute later when he returned to my companions had gone and there was nothing to show up so I restarted the game. Now the same area where the lever is I cannot reach because the doors are locked.

Re: Got stuck at Carn Dum (Chapter 8 Part 4 glitch) in The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

The same thing happens to me, while playing the Co-op game on the Play Station 3 and cannot reach those doors now. This version game is not properly made; the developer should work on it.

I also stuck the PS3 version. That was achieved through the doors and was fighting two trolls, died, and when he returned, he found the 2 doors that were closed previously crossed! It's a terrible decision and it seems to be a work around.

Quote Originally Posted by MinkaM View Post
    I also stuck the PS3 version. That was achieved through the doors and was fighting two trolls, died, and when he returned, he found the 2 doors that were closed previously crossed! It's a terrible decision and it seems to be a work around.
    All I've heard of people joining is another game and get there. This form is also unlocked their own progress. So you better you waited for the patch version of it.

I also had the exact same problem. I thought it was odd that there were some items removed from inside the boarding area near the switch. Unfortunately I cannot find someone with a game around chapter 8. I hope the patch is in place soon. Nobody should have to be forced to repeat that those who stage or even having to go through this bug / fault.

Similar trouble, with the PC version ... extremely annoying to play and get stuck near the end and lose hours of progress ... As a side note, how to save work on the PC: save the current file is hidden on your PC and removes a new one with a unique name is created, so you cannot use the "previous versions" shadow copy to get an older version again. Tools should be used to recover data if the files were not backed by other means. I have no time to do that (as there is no guarantee that will be there), so I'm out of luck. So please put a proper system of savings in the game (although only 3 slots to help). And put in a way to restart the chapters / parts also help...

Beat the snow troll; open the two doors after the two trolls die and countless multitudes. On the restart of the section, the doors are closed and opened again. The lever to open the door, allowing you to move is behind those doors. No progress can be made now, the game is broken. Better throw a patch soon or you'll lose a lot of players.

any word on the patch availability? i'm actually done playing this on the normal, hero, and legenday mode but i'm playing it again now using a different character. how were you able to get out of this stage?

Quote Originally Posted by miyay View Post
    any word on the patch availability? i'm actually done playing this on the normal, hero, and legenday mode but i'm playing it again now using a different character. how were you able to get out of this stage?
    I read somewhere that the developers are working on the The Lord of the Rings: War in the North patch at the moment. So you will still have to wait for some days untill it gets approve from the Microsoft, Sony and Steam after final testing.