Thread: Unable to install The Darkness II game on Xbox 360

Unable to install The Darkness II game on Xbox 360

I got this game yesterday from gamestop and when I tried installing the game I was not able to do it. so that’s what the problem is. I got a install swirling icon and was no progress after that. So what do you all think what could have gone wrong. I want to play this game in my Xbox but this silly problem is not allowing me to play the game at all. So is there anyone else who has encountered this problem and do anyone have solutions for it then please do recommend me the same. it would be a great thing for me that’s what I can say here.

Re: Unable to install The Darkness II game on Xbox 360

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    I got this game yesterday from gamestop and when I tried installing the game I was not able to do it. so that’s what the problem is. I got a install swirling icon and was no progress after that. So what do you all think what could have gone wrong. I want to play this game in my Xbox but this silly problem is not allowing me to play the game at all. So is there anyone else who has encountered this problem and do anyone have solutions for it then please do recommend me the same. it would be a great thing for me that’s what I can say here.
    Sign out of the Xbox live account and then try with the installation. Many of the xbox users have reported this problem while installing the game. So do sign out of your Xbox libe account and then install the game this time the game will definitely install successful. That’s for sure. Do revert me back if this solution worked for you or not.

I don’t think so there would be any problem with the Xbox Live. Do one thing clear up the Xbox hard drive cache and again try installing the game. No matter if you are connected to the Xbox Live or not it does not matter at all. So its just a matter of getting it right. So do try it. it should work out for you.

Even I was facing this problem when I had got the darkness II for my Xbox. Well this solution which is given above definitely works. But the problem has nothing to do with the Xbox live and all. Now why I am saying that is because I had decided to carry on a experimentation with my Xbox. I decided to uninstall the game, clear up my hard drive cache and then decided to install the game connected to the Xbox live account and the installation was successful. So you cant blame the Xbox Live for this. well that’s my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey$ing View Post
    Even I was facing this problem when I had got the darkness II for my Xbox. Well this solution which is given above definitely works. But the problem has nothing to do with the Xbox live and all. Now why I am saying that is because I had decided to carry on a experimentation with my Xbox. I decided to uninstall the game, clear up my hard drive cache and then decided to install the game connected to the Xbox live account and the installation was successful. So you cant blame the Xbox Live for this. well that’s my opinion.
    I have reported this issue with the Xbox support team since you are few lucky ones who were able to install the game with the Xbox Live signed in. I had to keep my console offline and then only I could install the game. So this should not happen in the futire and hence that’s the reason why I have reported this issue with the xbox support team. Hopefull they would look into the matter soon.