Thread: What are the command line parameters for L.A. Noire PC

What are the command line parameters for L.A. Noire PC

I have recently installed L.A. Noire PC and I have heard that there are some command line parameters for this game as I am a newbie I don’t have much idea about the command line parameters so I just wanted to know what are command line parameters? And why are they used? And which are the command line parameters for L.A. Noire? Any suggestion of this will be appreciated.

Re: What are the command line parameters for L.A. Noire PC

I have recently installed L.A. Noire PC and I have heard that there are some command line parameters for this game as I am a newbie I don’t have much idea about the command line parameters so I just wanted to know what are command line parameters? And why are they used? And which are the command line parameters for L.A. Noire? Any suggestion of this will be appreciated.
    I will like to share that A command line parameter are certain shortcuts that are now a day’s used in a no of video game and it is basically a command which is used to enable or disable some specific and certain features in the game and it is done when the program starts. As far as I know about it the most common command line parameter is –console and using this you can enter cheat codes in the game but then I will also like to inform you that it is not supported officially but then you can still use for your convenience. Hope that the concept of command line parameter is cleared to you now.

Yes it is the simplest way of entering the cheat codes in the game and you can add a command line parameter to the video game's shortcut icon but then if you don’t have the icon then you can do it by the other way which means by adding the parameter to another 'link' to the game like adding it within the game's folder and in order to do so just take a look at the below steps:
    • First locate the shortcut of the game and then get it to your desktop and then Right click on it and then select Properties.
    • After that just below the shortcut tab there will be an area named as Target and this will list the exact location of the file.
    • After you get it you can edit the Target by adding the command line variables just after the last quotation mark and then just click on apply and then start the game via shortcut.

You can also add a shortcut target with and without a command line parameter. I will try to explain you with an example of Half-Life game.
    • Go to "D:\Program Files\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe"
    • And then right click on it and then change the target to "D:\Program Files\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe" –console
    • If you want to enter more command line parameter than you can do it in this way "D:\Program Files\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe" -console -dev –debug
    • You can also go in to start and then run and then just type the same in the command prompt “D:\Program Files\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe" -console -dev –debug.

Hope that helps.

I have used these following command line parameters for L.A. Noire. Just check them out:
    • -windowed (You can use to run this game in a window)
    • -str (Using this you can Enable a single threaded renderer in order to improve the performance on the system)
    • -ignorefocus (This is used when you Do not want to pause the game even if you alt-tab)
    • -mousefree (It keeps the mouse pointer outside the game window but for doing this you will need windowed mode)

I have used these ones:
    -L (for changing language)
    -joysticktype (It is used in order to Force a specific directinput controller type)
    -npd (It is used to Disable the 'D3D_PUREDEVICE' flag and this further helps you to avoid graphics compatibility problems)
    -nosound (It is used to Disable total sound of the game).

Hey guys thanks for sharing all this information with me actually I just wanted to know that what are this command line parameters but after knowing about it I think that I will definitely try them out and your solutions will be really helpful as I have never don’t the above things before and I think that I will start with the half-life itself as I am having it since a long time but I never thought of trying these out. Let’s see what difference I make after using these command line parameters but till then thanks once again to you all.