Thread: Quest Glitch at end of Mirkwood while playing The Lord of the Rings: War in the North on PS3

Quest Glitch at end of Mirkwood while playing The Lord of the Rings: War in the North on PS3

Hello friends, I have a problem with continuing the game after defeating the boss of the spider in the Mirkwood. After killing the boss and finish my conversation with Radagast still says I have to look or find Radagast. When I go to the door that allows me to "Continue" to the area near or next mission launched in the history, I can only return to previous levels. The game stops. Apparently this has happened to other people too. I searched for an answer online and people said I have to find a host line that is in the similar chapter, other than the earlier checkpoint in the search. So I enclose to find someone who is in Chapter 5 Part 2 or 3 so you are able to beat the horde of spider and I hope this problem. This is very frustrating as they have been gravely take pleasure in the game the last 2 days. I hope this will be resolved soon. Thanks for your time.

Re: Quest Glitch at end of Mirkwood while playing The Lord of the Rings: War in the North on PS3

The same thing happened to me in a chapter in the game. I cannot stay in the game and restart as well. Really frustrated about this! I think it has something to do with the game when you join another player. He asks if you save your current game and start another. It's really a cooperative game tremendously hostile, if this is what forces you to do.

Re: Quest Glitch at end of Mirkwood while playing The Lord of the Rings: War in the North on PS3

This happened on my second playthrough, really need this patch Snowblind and the game should be better and also it will be great and also nice to play the game.

This has happened to me. My girlfriend and I play couch co-op without problems until the first boss in Chapter 1, Part 18. This is the Xbox 360 Elite, by the way. The head went down, and then we went through the portal, and shot the scene. After the scene, the map I think is coming, but there were no new places to choose from. Or you could teleport around the Citadel, or return to Bree ... I was confused, so we went back to Bree. Have a word with the Aragorn, and he said we have to go to the Citadel. I checked my quest log, and still said I needed to "proceed to the Citadel." Therefore, teleported to different locations, where in each game we were treated as if it had never been there, and continued to trigger events. So I thought that we would play through it again, REBEAT the head and hope that it works the second time.

Everything was fine until we got to the door where we supposed to defend the sons of Elrond of Trolls + orca. This time, no brothers, no charm at the door, no enemies, no troll, not the eagle. We were stuck there. So next I installed war in the north of my hard drive (160GB still remain), and waiting for an update, my 360 connected to live for the first time since before buying the game (I have no wireless signal on the Xbox). After this update, which released the game to see if there would be no difference, but instead it got worse. The game constantly freezes, and my 360 would stop completely after the release of the game on the loading screen. From there, I deleted our file save (regrettably) and decided to give it another shot.

This happened to me when it comes to reaching Gundabad Mirkwood after talking to the old man midget. I cannot talk Belram or find new areas on the map.

I have hope that we can play through the second time. I fear that if this happens again, and we have to delete our files, I'll probably return the game. I do not really do that, because I will not be picking Skyrim. I have this game, because the cooperative has a sofa and is not an FPS. I rarely spend money on video games, certainly not new, and I made an exception, since it was so excited about this game after having spent the summer playing through Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath (also had failures ...) for the first time. Please do not regret, Snowblind!

I also had this problem at this point. I found a way to fix this was to complete the quest with each individual character. For the most part this shouldn't be difficult. I flew through the spider levels, for the second time, in like 5 minutes for each character. After that, it seemed to be working fine after both characters were loaded to Chapter Six. (We were already on the same stage previously but as you know the game won't let you save crap for the other character if they aren't at the same point)

Hi Guys,
    I'm so glad I'm not alone in this...I had the exact same thing after speaking to Radagast on the final level at Mirkwood.

At first I thought I'd forgotten to do something, so checked the walkthrough on line and a guy is supposed to appear after you speak to Radagast, he doesn't.

I restarted the whole game (which I was completely gutted about as I'd spent hours building up Eradan, playing over the same levels to gain more experience points, better weapons etc....) Only to get to the same point in Mirkwood and the same thing happen again.

I think I'll try the option (as someone stated) to play through the level with the other characters and see if that works but overall really gutted. If this happens again, I'll return the game as I put in hours and hours of play.

Shame as I was really enjoying this LOTR game, being a fan of the original games and The Third Age too, which incidentilly is another shame that you can't get this for the PS3.

Oh well

Carl