Thread: Severe Stuttering while playing The Lord of the Rings: War in the North on PC

Severe Stuttering while playing The Lord of the Rings: War in the North on PC

Hello friends, I have a Radeon 5870 with 1g Ram, 8 gigs of ram and an i7. This game is not as graphics-intensive games like The Witcher 2, for example. However, you experience a problem of constant and severe stutter that makes it impossible to play the game. Each time you move the mouse to look around, even the frame rate hitches, as there is no tomorrow. This is the only game that this experience. All other games I play, I can play at higher levels of detail and the maximum permissible resolution my 27 "monitor. Not anything any person a similar practice? Read all the forums available (steam, ATI, this time, etc) and haven’t seen anything.

Re: Severe Stuttering while playing The Lord of the Rings: War in the North on PC

This possibly will have somewhat to do with the driver updates, have you attempted to download latest edition? (Released a week ago), you better download it and it might help you.

Re: Severe Stuttering while playing The Lord of the Rings: War in the North on PC

I have a similar problem, it is very bad, near the inn in Bree begin then it gets better. It does get bad again in some places. It also always seems to stutter when I use special bar keeps moving. Using 5870m, I asked someone with a 5770 and I said they have mild stuttering too.

I think ATI / AMD driver update people need. My utilization of the GPU is very little and remains low for some of these fits of stuttering and low fps. I am having the Intel Core i7 920@3.6 GHz, 6 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz, 2 x 5850 @ 940/1215 ASUS TOP. I've run the crossfire and was and are still experiencing these problems. The current drivers are 11.12 Preview 2 without lids. I use this controller configuration, as it is currently the best option for me to BF3. The new 11.12 WHQL seem to add no matter which and cause problems for some people, for what can only wait until the news comes in a patch, the driver, or both. On the other hand I have 14 levels so far and I love it!

The most recent existing drivers are 11.10 Preview 3, so I do not be familiar with how to say you're using v2 11.12. So you better get the original and also you will be able to work on it.

I've noticed a bit of stuttering (not what I consider serious) and I have NVIDIA GTX470 and a high power I7 with 6 GB of memory. After some kind of surveillance that I've noticed something abnormal high CPU temps during the execution of this game is not something I've seen in my system. It is hitting dangerous temperatures, but something seems a little off. GPU temps are a good solution. I do not think that the issue of stuttering is the graphics driver related. I could be wrong, but thought I would share another perspective.

I wonder if it is a question of the CPU as well. I think the maximum I have noticed my GPU going to use is 63%, I have observed in all the CPU. So you better check for the COU for the problem.

I do not see how it might be a problem with the CPU. I was stuttering in a number of of the biggest battles, and I'm using the quad Nehalem X58 with Hyper Threading, stays cool in a water system as ... except it is ineffective coding. My problems could also be called AMD / ATI ... OTOH I do not see the problem at any time.

I have an ATI 5800 series cards, and I am also experiencing some stuttering badly sometimes ... it does not, well, any other game, so I'm a little worried / confused. After reading some posts here, I noticed my CPU also hit some brands of very high temperature. Although I like the game, I love hard enough to burn my computer from the inside out. Hopefully, some kind of solution comes from the line before.

I have the same troubles with stuttering frame rate myself. I have a Radeon HD 5850 with Catalyst 9.11 drivers. I've noticed that there were a number of significant frame rate issues on the initial sale. After leaving the fight in the flesh, stuttering does not really raise his head so often and I had a very smooth experience. Upon reaching some creepy crypts, which was hit by a bus full frame rate and stuttering blowing the whole area. I'm bringing this up because I'm curious if this has to do with any particular fog / transparency effects acting with Radeon drivers / cards.

The crypts and cemeteries were green mist like smoke was in the first inn. Some of the brilliant effects of undead lichens could also have been the cause of my horrific levels of stuttering. I'm taking a shot in the dark and could be something else, but all information helps when troubleshooting in my opinion. All I know is that this type of stuttering should not be happening. I hope this is resolved quickly, as it is almost impossible to have a pleasant experience with crazy explosions of low frame rate that occur in specific areas of the game.

I had server problem and stuttering, like another person I was playing. The third person who was with him, said he was not affected and were by means of an NVIDIA GPU. They thought they had to do with the Internet connection and delay, but I'm thinking the problem of AMD. I also had some problems when you are defending the elves, as they are bringing down the room door. During the scene as soon as one of them touches the door and the room activates it stutters a bit as well.