Thread: Unable to launch Steam version of L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition on Windows 7

Unable to launch Steam version of L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition on Windows 7

I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. Recently in have downloaded as well as installed Pc version of L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition on the computer of mine. As I am trying to launch the game the launcher did not seems to launch at all. Can you tell me how can I fix the above mentioned issue? Any help to fix the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to launch Steam version of L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition on Windows 7

Looking at the matter I am asking following questions which you should answer to get the root cause of the issue.
    What is the hardware configuration of the computer?
    Do you have done any changes on the computer? Let me know whether you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer? if you are aware of any other information than let me know about.

Re: Unable to launch Steam version of L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition on Windows 7

In this particular situation I recommend that you should turn off UAC on the computer. you have to use the following instruction.
    • You have to launch the Control Panel.
    • You have to select User Accounts.
    • Now choose the Change User Account Control Settings'
    • finally you have to change the slider to the Never notify.

You might need to launch the game as Administrator of the computer. to do the same you have tor right click on the exe file and click on the run as administrator.

I am suggesting that you should verify the integrity of the game cache. To doing the same you will require to below mentioned instruction.
    • First of all you have to load Steam on the computer.
    • Now go for Library and you have to right click on the game and choose the properties menu.
    • You have to choose the Local files and then you have to click on the Verify the integrity of the game cache.

I don’t know why the above mentioned issue is happening but I wanted to tell you that you should simply update the computer of yours with the latest version of the graphic card drivers. You can get the same from the official website of the graphic card manufacture. Also you should install the latest version of DirectX to resolve the issue which you are getting.

Well I am wondering that you will require to reinstall the game on the computer of yours so that the issue which you have mentioned over here can be solved.

I am not sure but the above mentioned issue might be happening bug issue and hence I recommend that you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer of the game will work on the same and they will release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter.