Thread: Some Mapping questions related to No More Room in Hell

Some Mapping questions related to No More Room in Hell

I have recently got this game called “No More Room in Hell’ and the problem that I have started facing is that I am not able to add objective and make them work as well. I have tried to go through the guide on how to add objectives but then I was not able to get much sense out of it. So is there anyone who can help me out by explaining it in simple. Any further help will be appreciated.

Re: Some Mapping questions related to No More Room in Hell

I am also having the same problem I think that the guide is quite complex I have tried going through it for a no of times but then i9 am still not able to get much knowledge about the visgroups and even I am looking to a simpler explanation for it. I think that it is very advanced and I don’t have much knowledge about it as well and that is why I am not able to do it because I have never came across NMRIH.I have also tried to follow the guides and other tutorials thinking that I can get some sense out of them but then even it did not helped me out because they were set up differently. I will really appreciate if someone will help me out.

As far as I know the Objectives are actually done by the nmrih boundary objective and after that it triggers an event and then all the entities which are related to the objective are entered in to a visgroup and after that it is saved in the objective tool as a .nmo file respectively. I will also like to inform you that with the help of the objectives system we get a bunch of objectives which are randomly chose for a round just for e.g if you are having a "open the door” then the next round will be “find they key to open the door”. I personally think that there should have been a tutorial for anti-objective so we can follow single objective rather than the random ones.

I have recently got this game called “No More Room in Hell’ and the problem that I have started facing is that I am not able to add objective and make them work as well. I have tried to go through the guide on how to add objectives but then I was not able to get much sense out of it. So is there anyone who can help me out by explaining it in simple. Any further help will be appreciated.
    I can try to help you out first get it cleared that For anti-objectives you should have a child of the Objectives visgroup which should be named as 'anti' and then when you will include the objective visgroups as the name of the main objective visgroup inside it then it will be used when the main objective is not part of the round that is selected for the chain round. Here is an example to help you in detail

VISGROUPS:
    • Objectives
    o anti
    o find key
    o open door

o find key
    o open door
    o close door

When the "find_key" is then the entities inside "Objectives -> anti -> find_key" will not get spawned and if it is not selected then the entities inside "Objectives -> find_key" will not get spawned but the ones inside of "Objectives -> anti -> find_key" will get spawned. Hope that helps.

Even I have some question but they are not related to mapping but then any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    1. I wanted to know if the maps can be open for the exploration?
    2. Is there any difference between the zombie panic source and the game modes?
    3. Can we force bullets to kill the zombies?
    4. Can zombies walk off rooftops?
    5. What is the difference between the weight systems from zombie panic source?

# I wanted to know if the maps can be open for the exploration?
    # Is there any difference between the zombie panic source and the game modes?
    # Can we force bullets to kill the zombies?

I will try to help you out with your questions:
    • Yes the maps will be open for the exploration in the Survival mode and the Objective mode but I think that there can be some more multiple objective paths as well.
    • As far as the difference between the zombie panic source and the game modes is concerned I will like to inform you that by the time they are having game modes such as "survive for this amount of time" or "complete this much objective in order to get extracted".I think that there will be more of them later.
    • I have not yet seen the use of bullets for killing the zombies and for now you can just use your fist to fight them.

# Can zombies walk off rooftops?
    # What is the difference between the weight systems from zombie panic source?
    As far as I know the zombies have not yet been given the power of climbing over the rooftops or jumping from them but I think that they will be implementing it soon.

I don’t have much idea about the weight system but then I am aware that each ammo is having some weight value to it and more the weight slower will be your movement to fight the zombies.

I am looking for these questions:
    1. Can we hit the zombies with some objects as we use to do in the hl2?
    2. Will the map be revealing the zombie population?
    3. The zombies spawn will be like spawn points or a director?
    4. Are the zombies having any gib system?
    5. How will the zombies die?

Can we hit the zombies with some objects as we use to do in the hl2?

Will the map be revealing the zombie population?

Yes we can hit the zombies with the ammo that we will get and we can say that it is somewhat similar to that of the hl2
    As far as the zombie population is concerned I think that it will be based on the no of people in the server. I think so even I am not much sure about it.

The zombies spawn will be like spawn points or a director?
    Answer- Director style
    Are the zombies having any gib system?
    Answer- No gibing is not implemented but there are possible chances of including some good gore.

How will the zombies die?
    You can kill them by the ammo that you will get a headshot will be a better option even though it is not compulsory to kill them by a headshot but as there is scarcity of the ammos I think that one should go for it.