Thread: No More Room in Hell game won't start via steam

No More Room in Hell game won't start via steam

While I load NMRIH all the way from Steam the loading... splash display comes up and following a bit I perceive sound of a beep from my PC that typically signifies an error. Unluckily my screen is trapped on the loading screen and I can't shut NMRIH to verify the error. I ought to power off my PC to find it to work once more. Is this a bug or the steam problem?

Re: No More Room in Hell game won't start via steam

But already it's weird that you can run the game because I have a nice little personal message telling me that I cannot install it because the game is not out...

You must go to steam (obviously),
    • Library of games,
    • Right click on the games that do not work
    • Click on properties,
    • Local files,
    • "Check the integrity of game cache"

Needless to audit 'of the integrity of the files and tell you, after 3 or 4 minutes of research, it lacks one or more files (usually several, I was missing 8): This done, it will automatically download missing files.

If your PC is often called "image" shows will start again spontaneously and "blue screens" shows, this may just be caused by the IRQ problem. Therefore de-activated to restore unused items such as eg modem, MPU401, parallel and serial devices in the BIOS, and let a professional PCI cards in the other map locations of each device can operate under the correct IRQ.

MAGIX WinOptimizer deactivates / activates the automatic startup programs in Windows. It solves many problems such as crashes, lack of storage, the inertia of the system, etc. The expert mode allows it to individual programs or not to allow starting automatically. If you have something you can always turn back on. You'll probably be amazed at the Speed gain you can achieve by switching off unnecessary startup programs.

I managed to run the game by uninstalling and reinstalling Games For Windows Live. The game starts, I try to connect to Games for Windows Live with my ID and everything. It puts me "Get current profile" then it tells me that there is an update to do so I said "yes", and then it asks me to quit the game then it starts to install (well the installer), then nothing. I try to restart the game but it no longer starts.

I'm not an expert, I only have a similar problem with a set RPM Tuning and the only solution I found was to run it off the antivirus Panda.

When I shared mail technical support of Panda, they suggested I uninstall the game and thoroughly anti-virus (I received a link to do it, then reinstalling the game before reinstall the anti-virus. But it did not work!

My only solution was to uninstall STEAM (and thus all games), to transfer the registry keys remaining with Ccleaner and reinstall everything.

One can also make a copy of the directory STEAM games from Windows Explorer, delete completely STEAM, reinstall and copy the files previously saved games. Normally, STEAM will raise, and we do a check of local records of the games.

It is definitely a bug in steam ...

The comparison with a PC that crashes is not worth. The game works only through Steam. Steam plant and prevents the game to run, it's none of my doing or my PC / MAC, but their platform. It deserves at least one communication from them.

The solution:
    • Delete the DLL OpenAL32.dll (système32 or if you like me in your file GRID where the first error), after having deleted go to the folder and open the folder GRID OpenAL oalinst launch the application. exe,
    • Then open steam click the play button to make a right click properties GRID a small window opens click the Local Files tab and click on Verification of the entire cache of the game and as a precaution do it after the second operation renounce to start the defragmentation