Thread: Sonic Generations: Should Sonic team finally change the formula

Sonic Generations: Should Sonic team finally change the formula

Sonic Unleashed was killed by a terrible performance, sonic colors suitable performance showed that it could in fact bring a good game, and lastly, generations took things to a new level. The query however is how Sonic Team is able to take somewhat that feels sole, with the mechanic? As the formula unleashed, every party feels "a kind of" the similar. I mean all levels, as is a new plan that we're approximately more or less the same. Operation, avoiding and platforms in the middle. All tricks are mostly automated and handle only whatever. Compared with Sonic Adventure as there is no doubt that Sonic Adventure was a lot more variation in your game (and make sure it has aged we will discuss that).

Re: Sonic Generations: Should Sonic team finally change the formula

It actually moves in 3D space, Aventura better than the current material (colors, even better control in 3D space of generations, which may or may not be saying something). Experience with SU / SC / SG, I have to complain about the new jump, the colors jump knew that was not so good and made the leap from mechanical correction: double jump, as it tends to be uncertain the best. However, both have one thing in reality: the speed easily spammable.

Let some real heads cut scenes instead of striking or fighting the same thing with a different look two or three times in a game. Not to mention that there has been a huge lack of them since the series was in 3D. Level design / tricks: Honestly, it was a wonder. Even with 2D sections, the absolute lack of runways and ramps cleverly used is poor, and not really 3D tries to be. Actually, I'd like to see in reality rather than trying to call it, make a 3D game that actually plays like a classic instead of saying that is classic and not to give miserably (blocktastic current games), but they know very rather than "d go wrong, because the current mentality of ST is the speed at the speed of the block speed platforms.

They surly have somewhat here. The Hedgehog engine's latent is far from done. I cannot wait to see what SEGA has for us the next game. As well, bring back the style of adventure would be great, but the best short left.

Regardless of what the fans want what they are out to get positive reviews and is watching the games with this style of play not only that I do not see them changing and to be honest I do not want them to only change better.

I like the method unleashed and we wish to persist utilizing it. Surly require small adjustments / tricks in future game to keep you cool, but the core is firm and should be maintained. SEGA did accurately this with the formula for Genesis games: the essential control system and physics have been preserved as Sonic 1 - Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but I attuned each time and appended new features (spindash in Sonic 2, new characters with sole skills in S3 & K).

This is precisely why people have come to revulsion Sonic games, which made a few of the best games in gaming history, and after that threw the winning formula sooner than civilizing or refining for experimentation shoddy tricks and add them to Half "Sonic" games. Some of which are defended by people who say "However, the Sonic Team and will come with new thoughts to stop it from getting stale that people hate alter do not realize."

With respect to the controls, what I love most is that Sonic to roll and run. Press crouch while running, they roll. Press again while turning and sliding you. Press jump while squatting to rotate the board. This is what I want. Other than that, the right stick may also be able to move the camera, and occasionally I'll find that kind of slippery when Sonic is running, like his body is leaning awkwardly, while still moving in a certain direction. I hate that. As for the formula, I would say most of what generations is, but maybe some good staples like Sonic special stages and the like thrown in.