Thread: Running Sonic Generations on Dell XPS 15 with Optimus

Running Sonic Generations on Dell XPS 15 with Optimus

Hello friends, I have a Dell XPS laptop with a Geforce 540M but you can only run this game with Intel integrated graphics. When I put it in the NVIDIA control panel that Nvidia I get this error in the game: Critical Error! The detected configuration does not match the actual hardware. Please re-run the configuration tool. Anyone well have any idea? Thank you.

Re: Running Sonic Generations on Dell XPS 15 with Optimus

Hey guys, does not seem to be specific to this laptop, I'm running a VAIO and face the same problem, but unfortunately I have no solution to this is (yet). Also - I'm containing this difficulty with the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145 graphics card so it is not specific either Nvidia.

I think your problem may be different. We have that error, because if you try to force the game to run your NVIDIA card, which does not recognize it as only recognizes our integrated graphics card.

Well mine also related graphics. I did the basic debugging is -. Rename / delete files cfg. GraphicsConfig.cfg only stopped sending me to configure one or give me the error of measurement. It seems that this game has problems with graphics cards compatible with laptops. Honestly I'm not sure if this is specific to this particular Nvidia card, Dell, just hoped it could be the same problem (for an automated solution would fix the other).

It has to do with your desktop or laptop card brand. Mine is a Sager with 555m and get the same troubles. It has to do with Optimus Technology and the game will not agree to even you to choose NVIDIA card to work. I have no idea what the difficulty with the ATI card and this game.

I found a way to get it going with Nvidia graphics. If you connect the laptop to a screen through the HDMI port of the game will detect the Nvidia card and run your application. Unfortunately, when you disconnect the HDMI output of the game will be identify and will give the same error. I have the same difficulty on a Samsung GT 540M with one. It's absolutely supported Optimus, as you can modify it manually, but wrong with integrated graphics. Hopefully this will be solved. Trying annular configuration, but no promises.

I've be present attempting to run it on incorporated graphics, but the frame rate cannot be played. I hope to God to solve this problem quickly, but I have a more ominous feeling that they will not.

There is a temporary solution, like what the user 5 was saying. You have to connect to a separate screen and run extended desktop. The configuration system then recognize the other (in my case Nvidia) graphics card. I do not think this is a permanent solution, but I will contact you after the test by removing the cap and forcing an extended desktop.

My friend had a laptop with graphics Optimus (Some Acer, 330) ... you can run the game fine, but had to actually turn Optimus graphics and power to run all the time discrete. If you can find an option in the BIOS to force discreetly with the Dell XPS 15, which could be a solution (although this means Optimus is highly debatable). That people with disabilities integrated graphics and discrete graphics forced through an option in the BIOS, in turn, not Windows, even integrated Intel uses to begin with. Is there not one of those in a number of of the other notebooks Optimus? I would be astonished if there were in reality more full of bios Acer features an ASUS or Dell did ... I tried to look around online ... Apparently, the Dell XPS 15 BIOS does not have that option, and a lot of people have been whining about it to Dell for some time, sorry if my idea was misleading. I would definitely recommend other users Optimus laptops, however, to find a BIOS option to turn off the discrete graphics Optimus or strength, however, because it is certainly possible, only the BIOS developer needs to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyl View Post
    My friend had a laptop with graphics Optimus (Some Acer, 330) ... you can run the game fine, but had to actually turn Optimus graphics and power to run all the time discrete. If you can find an option in the BIOS to force discreetly with the Dell XPS 15, which could be a solution (although this means Optimus is highly debatable). That people with disabilities integrated graphics and discrete graphics forced through an option in the BIOS, in turn, not Windows, even integrated Intel uses to begin with. Is there not one of those in a number of of the other notebooks Optimus? I would be astonished if there were in reality more full of bios Acer features an ASUS or Dell did ... I tried to look around online ... Apparently, the Dell XPS 15 BIOS does not have that option, and a lot of people have been whining about it to Dell for some time, sorry if my idea was misleading. I would definitely recommend other users Optimus laptops, however, to find a BIOS option to turn off the discrete graphics Optimus or strength, however, because it is certainly possible, only the BIOS developer needs to support it.
    Right, but I've been using my integrated graphics card, and while the game does not work very well ... That said, a good game, only to have the FPS. The reaction time is nice, I suppose, but the bullet time is not what I want from a Sonic game.

hey guys i solved the problem.....hope so ur using windows 7 home premium and above....the solution is so simple.....just right click and select "run with graphics processor" and then select "integrated graphis"....dnt worry the graphics is awesome....