Thread: Random FPS Drops and lag for the game Sonic Generation

Random FPS Drops and lag for the game Sonic Generation

Recently I have install the Sonic Generation in my Computer and have play this game this is the best one this game have the additional feature as compare to older version of the Sonic Game. But yesterday while playing the game I have seen that occasional fps drop while I play this game so that I have to wait for the five minute and after the Five minute I am able to play the game quite normal but again after some time again I have seen that the game is lagging in between and which take time to come to the normal condition. So I don’t know what is that problems and why such issue is there in this game that lead the game to Random FPS Drops and lag. So I am very much confused about this issue, so if you guys have any of the information about these problems then please does the reply.

Re: Random FPS Drops and lag for the game Sonic Generation

According to me you have to make the installation of this game in to different Computer and then you have to play the game and see whether the same thing is happening over there on that system , if the game is running Normal on that Computer that means that there are the problems in your Desktop only may the problems arise is due to the Heat issue, because such lagging for the game is also occurs due to the over heat of the system, so for that you have to make the fan and other correction for the system and then play the game in your System without an issue. So finally I can say that the issue is for the system error and not by the game error is there or something like that only.

I have not seen any of the problems for this game still because this game even I have also install on my Laptop and still I have not seen such issue for the game on my desktop. But I have seen that one of my friends have the same FPS and lagging problems for this game, so the main reason behind that lagging problems is that the graphic card that he was using while playing this game. So I have seen that the problems is for the ‘hd 6870 sapphire’ the game have the horrible stutter and drops to like 10 FPS then hops back up to what it was originally at. So finally we have fixed this by removing the graphic card from the socket and fixed it again and after that the game is not have any of issue for the Lagging and the FPS.

Yes even I have also seen the same issue that my game runs 60 frames the first level then after that it will drop to the bit in second level and after some of the time it almost become unplayable, so whenever such thing happened to my game I just exit it that means that I have to exit the game and have to play that game from starting onwards and after that I have not seen that issue or whatever for the long 6 to 7 hours. So the best option is to exit the game if the Lagging problems are there with the game.

I think it could be the memory leak, so while you will have these kind of the problems then you have to cheek for the RAM, that means you have to check whether it is keep going up while you play the game. The speed requirement for the RAM is not there for this game.

The minimum configu4ration for playing the game in the system is necessary to be there in the systems that make the user to play this game without any of the issue, so if the configuration for the system is OK then I think that you will never have the Lag or the FPS problems for this game.

Make sure to use the original version CD to install this game in the System. Because the piracy have some of the file not there those finally create the lag in this game. And the next thing is that if you have the Saturn USB pad for classic, and an Xbox 360 wireless modern, then may you will have t face the major FPS in Sonic Generation if you try to combining 360 and mouse controls.

I have the game Sonic generation and I have seen the Lag over the Chemical Plant and Sky Sanctuary by chance, because these are the two levels that create the stuttering for almost everybody, so may you will get the Lagging problems at this level but the rest of the levels work fine.

I think it is not an issue it is all just for the lowered FPS. Since last time I was running the game at the fairly constant 60 FPS at startup, but after few minute I have seen that the frame rate are drops hard and it’s not seen to come over up . but this not make the lagging or some issue for the game then it is normal o the FPS rate that on startup it is high but after the game start the range is low down not for only this game but also for the other.

The decrease for the FPS is mostly depends on the levels that means that if you are the first levels start up then you will see that the it doesn’t matter which level you are there in this game whatever level first you go into first will be 60 fps the entire time, and after you switch to the another level it will drop significantly. There is the condition that if you are keep playing the same level for this game over and over again then the FPS will not slow down. This is because the games have to make loading too many textures into memory or something, and also the versions make the differences if you jump from a classic sonic level to the modern sonic level it slows down even if it is the same stage.

You can try for the compatibility mode, and also there are the various of the option are there that can be make used for the fixing such issue by changing the resolution settings and also there are the alternate option that you can restarting the game whenever you face the problems for the lagging in this game.

The decrease in the fps is due to RAM I think that the RAM is not enough good for this game that you are try to play in the system because the fps feature for the game is require a well and good RAM since as RAM have to be the good if you want to play the game sonic generation without any of the lag.