Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011

Getting ?system.io.filenotfoundexception? error message while playing Sonic Generations

I have installed Sonic Generations on the computer of mine. As I am attempting to launching on the computer of mine and I am getting an error message. The error message can be stated as follow.? system.io.filenotfoundexception? can you tell me why I am getting that particular error message? Let me know if you are having speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 05-11-2011

Re: Getting ?system.io.filenotfoundexception? error message while playing Sonic Generations

Looking at the matter you should answer following questions.
Which operating system do you installed? What is the hardware configuration of the computer?
Do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer?
Let me know about the log file of the error message which you are getting on the computer of yours.
Old 05-11-2011

Re: Getting ?system.io.filenotfoundexception? error message while playing Sonic Generations

In this particular situation I recommend that you should verify the integrity of the game cache. To do the same you have to use the following instruction.
  • You should load Steam.
  • Now you have to go for the Library section and right click on the game and choose Properties.
  • You have to click on the Local Files tab and you have to click on the Verify the integrity of the game cache.
  • Once you have done the same you should try to launch the game and see whether the issue is persisting or not.
Old 05-11-2011

After going through the problem of yours I recommend that you should install the latest version of .Net framework on the computer of yours.
Old 05-11-2011

Do you have installed any antivirus program on the computer? If so than I recommend that you should disable the antivirus program on the computer.
Also you have to take care of thing that is there is no back ground process should be interfering with the game. So I recommend that you should clean boot the computer of yours and see whether it is working or not.
Old 05-11-2011

Tell me whether you have installed the latest version of the DirectX as well as graphic card drivers on the computer of yours. What I wanted to tell you that you should visit official website and you should download and install the latest version of the graphic card drivers. Once you have completed with the installation you should restart the computer of yours and see whether it is working or not.
Old 05-11-2011

Was there any error while installing the game? what I wanted to tell you that you should simply reinstall the game on the computer of yours.
Old 06-11-2011

Well I am wondering that there could be bug issue with the game and hence I recommend that you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. We need to wait till the developer of the game will work on the same and they will release the patch which you can use to fix the issue.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , ,