Thread: Framerate drop on Good port in Sonic Generations

Framerate drop on Good port in Sonic Generations

I really don’t know why this is happening? Performance in 1080p uppermost settings is generally 60 fps but I obtain an infrequent frame rate drop for a few seconds. Anybody else have this also? Anyone have any idea about this? How can I solve this or any hint to solve this?

re: Framerate drop on Good port in Sonic Generations

Had a very slight fall in the first area of Greenhill with current sound, while being chased by giant robot fish, but was very small (perhaps 0.2 seconds) and occurred only once. Considering the game consoles to sub 30 fps, sometimes, I have no problem with 60 and pulled weird. The game is very fast and may have a hard disk problem in real time? I'll throw in my SSD and see if it makes things better.

The more in the game, the worse the frame rate becomes. He stutters badly in modern sound levels in particular. It worked very well in the first level as the classic Sonic good enough modern. I have to start the game if I want a good frame rate. Chemical plant area was almost impossible to play, whether for Sonic. It makes no sense. I have a GTS 250 GPU 512 MB and a Phenom II X4 B50 3.2 GHz CPU.

I have fps drops in the high speed of the levels, sometimes worse than others, the aspect that I am staying in the Summary of minutes, however, change the graphics options does not change anything at all about performance. I guess it's something related to the RAM or CPU, as my GPU can handle shadows and reflections in most games perfectly, but I had problems with my previous CPU. The RAM can be my problem because I have another possible 1 GB less than 'required' for win7. I tried an application called "AMD Fusion" which disables background some things to increase performance and that actually helped the slowdown, which still occur randomly though. I still think it bottleneck the CPU.

Re: Framerate drop on Good port in Sonic Generations

Set the resolution to 800x600@75, slowdown is a little better in general, the chemical plant area is a bit better but I still have the little slowdown and freezes on the slide. I'm thinking that there are some optimization problems? Many people are having the same problems, hoping for a patch soon. Do you have any serious improvement! It is very sensitive to the refresh rate and aspect ratio, I found a sweet spot apparently.