Thread: The Book of Unwritten Tales is not starting. Getting black screen and error massge

The Book of Unwritten Tales is not starting. Getting black screen and error massge

Recently I have installed The Book of Unwritten Tales on the computer of mine. I have come to know about that this particular game is not launching on the computer. The screen becomes black and also I am getting error message. Let me know why the above mentioned issue is not happening into the situation of mine.

re: The Book of Unwritten Tales is not starting. Getting black screen and error massge

Can you answer below mentioned questions so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem. Which operating system do you running? What is the hardware configuration? Do you have done any changes on the computer? Let me know if you are having any other information which you can share over here.

re: The Book of Unwritten Tales is not starting. Getting black screen and error massge

The very first thing which I wanted to tell you that you should run the game as administrator of the computer. To do the same you have to use the following instructions.
    • You should locate the exe file of the game and right click on the same.
    • From the right click context menu you have to click on the Run as administrator.

If it is not working for you than I am suggesting that you should again right click on the exe file of the game.
    • Once you have done the same you should click on Properties.
    • Now you have to click on the compatibility tab.

Now select the appropriate option and see whether it was useful to you.

I think there is an issue with the user profile which you have created on the computer. I recommend that you should create a new user profile on the computer and see whether it is working or not.

There could be an issue with the back ground process which is running on the computer. What I am saying that you should clean boot the computer of yours and figure out the back ground process which might be causing issue and disable the same on the computer of yours. once you have completed with the process you should return into the normal startup.

In this particular situation I am suggesting that you should look for the config file of the game and perform following editing by opening the config file into notepad editor.
    Code:
    </config>
    <sounddevice>Generic Software</sounddevice>
    Once you have done the same you should save the config file and restart the game on the computer.

I think you need to reinstall the graphic card drivers on the computer of yours. if it did not work for you than I am suggesting that you should install the latest version of the graphic card driver and install the same on the computer.

I am suspecting that there could be an issue with the DirectX which you have installed on the computer. I recommend that you should get the latest version of the DirectX from the official website. You should download and install the software on the computer of yours and see whether it is working or not. Make sure that you have restarted the computer of yours once you have installed the DirectX.

Well in this particular situation I am suggesting that you should simply reinstall the game on the computer of yours.

I am highly suspecting that there could be bug issue with the game and so we have to contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer will work on the same and release the patch which you can use to fix the matter of yours.