Thread: What happened to Chloes face in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception?

What happened to Chloes face in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception?

Hello friends, first, the animations of the face in this game are truly amazing. But what in God's name has become Naughty Dog Chloe? Eyes, lips, hell its profile has changed the entire face. She looks like a different person, or at least if there were a few plastic surgeries. Why would so something like that to one of its major characters memorable? I really hope they have not done anything like Elena. I'm not so far... so what you think about it. Thank you.

Re: What happened to Chloes face in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception?

There was a normal appearance. As should be in Uncharted 2. That in essence is the same, only better. I do not think that is the simple and also good to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Halle View Post
    There was a normal appearance. As should be in Uncharted 2. That in essence is the same, only better. I do not think that is the simple and also good to play the game.
    That does not make sense. They changed compared to Uncharted 2, so it doesn’t look the same. That's my point. This strength is its games characters credible. It shouldn’t change for any reason. I mean Drake was growing a bit, which is an impressive detail, but like I said, it looks like a different person with a wig of Chloe. "Best" or worse is not the point here.

The single player models have not changed. Now the Multi Player models are very different. I'm not sure why Naughty Dog decided to change the models between the two modes... But the whole world is "normal" in single player.

This should not be to "make our women characters as hot as possible," Naughty Dog should treat their own base materials in connection with a little more. This is not George Lucas / Star Wars, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Marjorie View Post
    This should not be to "make our women characters as hot as possible," Naughty Dog should treat their own base materials in connection with a little more. This is not George Lucas / Star Wars, right?
    You're kidding right? Chloe Uncharted 2 is more exaggerated in appearance than Uncharted 3 Chloe. In Uncharted 2, had a huge, heavy bottom to do. There is nothing wrong with that, just pointing out the fallacy in your statement. In any case, Chloe now seems more natural and far closer to their original artwork Uncharted 2. And with each new iteration of a franchise, it is typical that the characters are recast to reflect what the artist or the director had in mind. All games have had a sequel running on a new game engine has made drastic changes in the appearance of the characters. You have some nerve accusing Naughty Dog of not respecting its own base materials. These are some of the most passionate in the gaming business. His attention to detail is more insignificant similar to Kojima himself. Therefore, in any case, changes were made in Chloe or any character for that matter is made within good reason. This is probably how he originally imagined and prepared to do well in Uncharted 3. Seriously, this is getting petty children.

Uncharted 2 Modeler Chloe was Hanno (now Nathan and Sully are doing for Uncharted 3). Chloe was Uncharted 3 Modeler Sze. Two completely different artists with different interpretations of the character. Some people just liked the interpretation of Hanno better.

I'm not talking specifically about 3D character modelers. I'm talking about the team members providing the look of characters from the first conceptual artists. In particular, Richard Dimant, the artist protagonist, Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 is assuming. Considering that he designed the look of these characters has made some drastic changes in the appearance of Drake and Ellen Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2. Therefore, it is safe to assume that the Uncharted 3 went a step further and continued to refine its vision of how the characters look.

It so true. As for me ... I like the Multi Player Elena best ever, but both changed so much.... Elena hunches I mean when most like she has no lips and has an old look in your favor. Chloe... well do not get me XD