Thread: Is A Valley Without Wind really beta

Is A Valley Without Wind really beta

According to the definitions from Wikipedia, the beta is when the software is a full feature. By his own admission, there is still more important and characteristics for AVWW. Armanant writing loans from the bug tracker, I think a disservice to the reputation of AVWW call this beta since it gives the impression that is further away than they are, so people are disappointed with the relatively lacking "polish" and "features" (enough to keep things interesting), this game has compared to what most people expect from a beta version.

Re: Is A Valley Without Wind really beta

I at a standstill say it's an early beta of an alpha construct personally, as the game is in a playable as is. And in fact has more in it now that a few similar titles / types. Simply because it's an extensive way to provide Arcen should not detract from that fact.

This is a beta. The basic feature set is quite complete and very polished, although the extended feature set and the content is embryonic. You can argue semantics all day, but everyone has a different definition and words have lost the strict sense of meaning in common language (unfortunately for me).

If it was just "having all the features you ever planned" as a guide, then none of there products would never Alfa. AI War is still featuring incomplete compared to what I want to do ultimately so AVWW be two years from now. When something is literally full of features, for me is when you're dead, no no-alpha. Do not utilize a traditional publishing cycle, or utilize the terminology. They utilize the term beta, and there is an experience that this is feature complete in itself, and the game can be played and enjoyed by tens of hours on their actual merits, depending on the tastes of the player. The fact that it is not yet have all the features of 1.0 that the plan is irrelevant. If that were the measure, which would have to be in alpha for the entire product life until a week before 1.0 or something like that would not be useful.

In terms of "giving the impression that they are further away than they are" not really offended by that, I have to say. This game lacks a lot of content, sure, but the core gameplay is very advanced now and get very polished at this stage. Any games where you have players willingly sink dozens of hours into it and then ask for more is not something I would consider erroneously labeled if it is called beta.

They are not "admitting" anything. They have been extremely upfront and transparent from the beginning about where things are and where they go are, and have made a public demonstration of the beta available for free for anyone to try. If there is a way to piss me off really fast, it is they call me dishonest, that's what you're doing border. Calling this beta was not a marketing gimmick or anything else - but it's a software release cycle widespread as has previously been linked, the amount of similarity to what they do in Arcen? I would say very, very little.

Just do not seem to respond to the AAA rules beta software publisher. But as you pointed out, the beta has become a confusing word, which is really difficult to nail what is considered beta. There are other ways to describe the standard cycle of beta software release to AAA. In the sense that it is very helpful, given the overall feel of the ended product and executed the most significant things, then yes, AVWW is in beta.

In terms of AVWW is always difficult, because it talked about a lot of things that are going to do, but not yet in place, and some people are more interested in the game due to the characteristics that do not exist. But that's probably still going to be the case even at 1.0; I suspect that if life is an indication war AI - 1.0. The game was not anything like what it was 5.0, and those who wanted to experience again 5.0 at 1.0 would have been very disappointed. This is part of why I always make a big demonstration, is that people can judge for themselves instead of having to guess.

In fact, this was the reason I decided to buy a key. The show was enough to let me try the game and some of their functions, but not limited enough to keep me wanting more. It also allows users to obtain the latest beta demo was what made me think "Arcen is a really impressive; I have to throw my money on them."