Thread: Should make Wind Shelters Meaningful in A Valley without Wind

Should make Wind Shelters Meaningful in A Valley without Wind

Hello friends, I want to say that the Wind Shelters in the A Valley without Wind should be improved and also will be able to play the game. So I want to ask that what you think about it and also what you think about the Wind Shelters in the game. I think the wind shelters should be meaningful so that the user who will play game with the game. So kindly tell me that what you think about it and also you have some else then please shared with me. Thank you.

Re: Should make Wind Shelters Meaningful in A Valley without Wind

I also think the same. Something feels "off" about the way the wind shelters are deployed. Traveling to a place-shelter and foresight that will inevitably have to travel through several pieces of territory occupied by the enemy to reach the portion that contains the site wind shelter. Not only are no enemies in this piece, which is pre-populated with people, that leaves me thinking, "I just traveled through enemies 15 levels above me only to find these vague wandering around doing nothing on the site shelter from the wind that I was standing in the appropriate location and press my E-key. " The game's title suggests that wind shelters are supposed to have a profound meaning in this world. But if all they are is a short drive grinding and pressing a key, then its meaning is rather small in my mind. Worse, I can have a settler see a trivial investment of resources. The obvious (though perhaps boring) solution is to remove the settlers to the wind shelter has been built, and replace them with boss monsters to be fought before the shelter can be built. Another idea would be for wind shelters require some construction resources are not trivial to find, or to add a number of elements that must be made from these resources and taken to site wind shelter construction. Perhaps a tiered construction / improvement of the system as used for upgrades to the building of settlements.

Wind shelters used to have problems with them. There used to be also a place of refuge wind potential in almost every quarter tiles. Also used to be the rule that if you moved 4 chips without landing in a shelter against the wind that was getting caught in a windstorm. All things changed. On the one hand, the challenge was just a nuisance when they had to build shelters for many. What we would like to add challenge to wind and shelter so that there is less shelter. But right now all we could do in the short term is Ye Olde "group leaders appointed in the region that you have to kill before the strategic / manual option is available," and I guess all of you who prefer a little more broader than that. There is variety of other places that use this mechanism at this time, too, just not the first priority at this time.

You could include a "supply" disintegrates and mechanical parts only if you visit a city or protective against cold, wind and shelters should be provided through the cities and there are still supplies more than, say, 2 laps. Today the wind seems to be pretty useless shelters, and even wind storms are not exactly dangerous or something not even want to avoid, because they are very cool, p And if you're in a cave or building wind storm really did not’t matter - although I suppose that things are regenerating assets by region are so tiny (and rare, why robots regenerate in a windstorm faster than without one, P?)... I hope the "sim" part of the civilization developed recreation as well, because only one player challenge is not very difficult to rebuild my sim, it really is fun and easy to reach dozens of people and there is not even a reason that they want something more than a city. It just means double the raid monsters (and more micro-management ...) Actually, I think this is much more important than anything else, AI War has a reason to play, you can never predict the challenge. That each game is different, each a different situation and gameplay is always different. IMO I think requires a SIM card AVWW open and look very strong story. Because unlike the AI war, the macro start situation is always the same, the field can be different and spells may be changing, but only changes the graphics and statistics, do not play as different AI do. Anyway, I do not want to be negative or anything, just thinking out loud

Quote Originally Posted by Nimos View Post
    Wind shelters used to have problems with them. There used to be also a place of refuge wind potential in almost every quarter tiles. Also used to be the rule that if you moved 4 chips without landing in a shelter against the wind that was getting caught in a windstorm. All things changed. On the one hand, the challenge was just a nuisance when they had to build shelters for many. What we would like to add challenge to wind and shelter so that there is less shelter. But right now all we could do in the short term is Ye Olde "group leaders appointed in the region that you have to kill before the strategic / manual option is available," and I guess all of you who prefer a little more broader than that. There is variety of other places that use this mechanism at this time, too, just not the first priority at this time.
    I'm definitely not an advocate of setbacks in this case. I never saw the game as you describe (with wind shelters too), but it seems more painful than fun. I think what I'm trying to convey is that wind shelters feel no sense at this time. For me, the wind shelters feel as if they somehow should be very significant to the very essence of the game (considering the name) and the fact that it can interface makes them seem to have a deep (perhaps the future ) purpose. Looking at the amount of effort devoted to the exploration / exploitation of a particular gemstone / powder (for a shift in health, perhaps), the effort involved in taking over a wind shelter feels insignificant comparison.

Well, I know that if I am in search of a safe level tab to find a specific level of the gem, and the ones that are not covered about wind shelter, which is usually a problem. As for that matter least. And blow a little XP when one of them. But in general are something that is only noticed when they lack.

Definitely agree that this is a problem, but I really do not think he wants a punitive solution if it's just the resources or time sinks in building them, I think you will feel like a ring rather arbitrary has to jump through to get access to a region, and overlap very strongly with the mechanical tower / vortex. I think the problem is really not make much sense, but simply act as gateways to be able to function in a region, but does not affect the rest of the world. I have much faith in Chris and Keith and I strongly suspect this is a function of the game is still in early beta, and will become more central as we begin to see more history / mechanical adjustment, as crystals of memory that comes in. But I really do not think that the game need now is another cost to reach the areas you are interested in going to.

I appreciate the faith, and have plans in shelters (and roads) will be more important, but this information is also useful. In general what are really just centers and it seems strange to me that all they do is give a place of ... well, housing, from which to operate in a local area. Not a literal cost, probably not. However, an interesting challenge to be associated with some of them seems like a good idea. There's kind of a delicate balance in the design of the game between the "punishment" and "trivial" if it is in great pain, then ... so, in great pain. But if there is literally no challenge to all and all you have to spend some time clock to reach a particular location and pressing a particular button, then why not have it start in the post- He pushed the button state? We want to avoid the expense of you is the real time in something that requires skill or at least a little careful thought. At the same time, if it is a challenge that ends up not enjoying (or not enjoy having to do it often, etc.) that may be worse.

That sums up what I was trying to say. Today, I keep my people do the dirty work, as it is quite expensive in terms of resources. So turn on a bat and fly from one region to another, turning on wind shelters. Level has almost no sense at this point; it is quite easy to turn in any and all shelters visible, regardless of the level of the area. This has the added benefit of giving me 197 XP each, even in areas that would have no chance of beating a boss in general; I think AVWW is becoming a fascinating game. There are elements of side-scrolling plat former, RTS and RPG (plus a little more, I guess) all rolled into one package. There is also the possibility that a heck of a story that is developed from the world of a player, a sort of dwarf fortress style of the story, and I think that development and to tell that story in a way that ties it all together the game with RPG elements reinforce and give the world more "personality".