Thread: F1 2011 not opening

F1 2011 not opening

"The ordinal 5377 could not be located in the dynamic link libary xlive.dll."

and when i put xlive.dll in the system 32 file and try to register it says

"Xlive.dll was Loaded. but DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
    This File can not be registered."

PLEASE how do i fix this?

i searched everywhere on the Internet i didn't find anything that can help me =( can you guys suggest something

Re: F1 2011 not opening

Hello as per my knowledge you need most up to date GFWL redistributable library. no matter if you are having the older version of this.so please check for this and see if its work for you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shae View Post
    Hello as per my knowledge you need most up to date GFWL redistributable library. no matter if you are having the older version of this.so please check for this and see if its work for you or not.
    well i downloaded GFWL today from the windows site so it must be the latest version

anybody? can help me?

I will recommend you to run Redist first to launch the game. Basically the setup does the job but the issue is common. The location of this file is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1. Also try to update your GFWL. This is very important. Currently there is 3.0 version available for this. There are ample of bug fixes in the new version and more better features. Try to run the setup back again once after this update.

GFWL 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by LotusN View Post
    I will recommend you to run Redist first to launch the game. Basically the setup does the job but the issue is common. The location of this file is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1. Also try to update your GFWL. This is very important. Currently there is 3.0 version available for this. There are ample of bug fixes in the new version and more better features. Try to run the setup back again once after this update.

GFWL 3.0
    i dont have C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1

Can you try to perform a clean boot? Follow the steps given below in the link to perform a clean boot of your operating system and then try to reinstall the game and launch it and see if the problem disappears or not.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Before a solution let me ask that are you using a pirated copy of a game. If yes then I do not think there is any fix for this. There are number of websites which provides xlive.dll download. This files are unregistered dll which are not identified the game server. The game has drm protection which does not allow to run it only patched system. Run Windows update once.