Thread: A compromise in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

A compromise in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

Personally I am disappointed with the game's release, but I think it is reasonable to expect the weekend to fix this out (honestly if I had requested a paper copy have not yet anyway, so what is a couple of day). I appreciated that the developers be asked the answer to solve the problem. But the end was a big fault that was terrible for business. I think that in its place of insisting a complete refund if a well negotiation would be to paradox / kerberos gave the DLC do not come with the preorder, for free, for those of us who preordered the game as a "mea culpa" for us the bona fide. Think of it as getting a free dessert in a restaurant, because they mess over. It happens all the time and is a fairly easy solution to keep a customer happy.

Re: A compromise in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

It is quite clear on this point is not "wait for the weekend" sort of thing. There is no "problem to rectify" not only outstanding issues that just need to slap on a solution waiting to go. What we have is what you get. Although I'm sure will come out very well, over time, there is no reason to expect a mere "few days", it will play into what most wish it were.

I also expect to see something like "sorry, you were wrong." I think I may have had the best intentions for the game, but it is necessary to compensate for a lot with their fans and customers.

The problem I am referring to is the setting and polishing the game (unfortunately almost a given for more complex strategy games today.) But the problems of implementation, problems resolution, and compatibility issues 64 bits that make the game unplayable some users. And published patches have fixed some of that for many users and I imagine that in three or four days we will review much of the catastrophic issues up. Then starts the long process of powerless even patches.

The first patches were in fact the most annoying part of the experience, because they were so disappointing. This process will take time, because obviously a lot of work to do in this game. Project management of this game is suspect as the manual is good, but incomplete. How can you release a game is not complex and there are basic instructions for users. This is independent of the encoding for the game, not only to developing the disorder, but in poor transfer of knowledge and liberation. If they were, I have my contacts off too. I was hiding in a dark place and please my future. I am not a troll / flamer. I am shocked. A true fan who thinks this whole experience has been amazing. I do not want to get a refund, I want to support in running order and PI, but I'm so upset with me that, I want to send a clear message to them that this is not acceptable and cannot go again and again. I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning.

We have seen all that well and it's frustrating, but I think it is more for developers and produce. Stardock was seriously injured by the release of "Elemental: War of Magic" I think it had to lay off a lot of staff because of it, which is a shame, because they are a great company. So do not think that the paradox / Kerberos are sitting on his throne laughing at us. This could be very bad for them if the tests are difficult for them due to release problems and bugs. Stardock made a decent attempt to reach their customers (who offers the following two expansions free for those who bought their game in the first month after release), I think paradox / kerberos could follow Stardock's example and do some damage control, for example releasing free DLC for those who preordered or bought within a week of its release.

I think mine clearance a full refund or free expansions at this time are a bit premature. Let's see what the patch on Monday and then go from there. But I still like to see the DLC given us the first clients as a "thank you for your patience" though.

You are obviously correct so far out. There also will be refunded immediately. But Hoi 3 taught me a bitter lesson here: screw-ups of this magnitude is not fixed in recent weeks and usually expansions are necessary to bring the game to the possibility of advertising. That's why I went for expansion, and that may need to take the game to a state that the gaming experience could be described as fun. I would consider the case that you mentioned (i.e., to get something important done until Monday) as a pleasant surprise however, prevent me from returning.