Thread: Balancing the Difficulty of The Haunted: Hells Reach

Balancing the Difficulty of The Haunted: Hells Reach

I enjoy your game but can you please rebalance the difficulties. As it stands right now Easy plays like Normal, Normal plays like Hard, and hard plays like suicide. Then you could add a new mode for beginners? I understand that the dev team is probably beastly at this game but it is just too impossible to be good at this game unless I run around like jet little kick and upper cutting everything. That kind of defeats the purpose of a third person shooter.

Re: Balancing the Difficulty of The Haunted: Hells Reach

I think the problem is probably just you. For me, the difficulties are in a good place. Easy is a breeze, normal is challenging, and hard is a bitch. Either you're not doing something right or you haven't figured out just how to maximize your resources. There's that, practice, and watch other players (on like demonize).

It is not just me. There is already another similar post with this same issue here. It is particularly bad on inferno. The fire/inferno effect shows up constantly draining health fast while mobs of monsters are chasing me on the second wave. They are even going to patch the frequency of the stones popping up on the next patch so they know that there are some issues here. On survival at least additional health can be gained. It wouldn't hurt to put those same health stones on inferno. On one of the gameplay videos from a few months ago you can even see health drops on the ground. I don't know why they decided to pull health drops out last second.

I must admit this game is harder than most, because usually I start off at normal and after getting used to controls and game mechanics I move to hard (which is about few days depending how much time I have to play the game), but this one is giving trouble even at easy. I wouldn’t say it’s too hard though, we've made it to the boss almost every time and even beat him despite most of our team dying, so I would assume we can move to normal and see how it goes. I like challenge too.

Actually after playing some more I have noticed a lot of people are having so much trouble even on the easy mode that they end up shelving the game all together out of frustration. There should be a beginner mode of sorts for everyone who find it too hard so they can get used to the game mechanics without dying every 3 min.

The game is tough at first; Hard is actually not that bad surprisingly. Although I am an absolute unstoppable beast. You do get a hilariously large amount of upgrades on hard though, both me and OP had every weapon (except melee) fully upgraded. There should be an easier difficulty for new players though.

We accidently played a game on hard because I didn’t check "easy" on the filters, but surprisingly it almost felt easier than, easy difficulty. In fact that was the first time I managed to survive the boss fight.