Thread: Unable to join the multiplayer server in The Haunted: Hells Reach

Unable to join the multiplayer server in The Haunted: Hells Reach

I'm currently facing an issue with multi player mode I don't know if only happens to me but every time I try to join a server I have to wait, A LOT, and sometimes I don't even get to join a server it just keeps loading and does nothing and when I actually manage to join a server I still have to wait for the next round to start and when the next round comes the same issue returns, it keeps loading and does nothing. Is this a problem related to my computer, the servers or the game itself? And can it be fixed somehow?

Re: Unable to join the multiplayer server in The Haunted: Hells Reach

No one else has complained about this problem yet and the fact that you do join eventually sounds more like a connection issue, you checked all the obvious things like firewalls etc? And it works on single player no problem? I'll ask some of our devs later to see if they know any reason and let you know.

It works smoothly on single player and I run the game with admin privileges but I don’t know about the firewall. I eventually end up joining a server, but only after several tries and minutes. Another issue that I have is that I get stuck when the game keeps loading and does nothing; the only way to disconnect is by terminating the game using the task manager.

Same problem is occurring for me and my 3 friends who bought this yesterday. Since there are no dedicated servers yet, we have to do listen servers. Sometimes everyone can join smoothly, but during each map change, there’s a risk some are stuck in the endless loading and have to terminate the game through the task manager. Also when playing battle, some people load BUT are stuck in their "own" world, e.g. I am demon summoned (and host) i see them running into a wall, whilst they say on ventrilo that they are not, and hardly see any demons although there’s a swarm on them. Eventually they get killed but in their "world" they are doing just fine. This happened to me too when not being host. I tend my own stuff and suddenly die with no demons near me. Apparently I was in a crowd according to the others.

I can make the list a lot longer of what I experienced in just two days play with random and with friends on ventrilo - which makes it easier to confirm re-occurring bugs. Me and my friends are hoping that it will be fixed with the coming of DEDICATED servers, but since you seem to think that it only happened to the OP, I am not so sure anymore. It’s not just me and my friends that are having these issues, you can easily spot the random in your games not being able to load in, since their toon are just standing still and taking a beating till they die or keep running into a wall of doom. I hope for a good response that you are aware of the multiplayer problems and that you have patches/fixes coming. Or that the dedicated servers will somehow fix this, since the host is free of all these problems.

I've been experiencing the same problems as Bonez has been having. And to add, I really hope that the server list gets an update, it would be nice to know what each server's gametype is without having to change the filter or enter the game to find out. And to also add, refreshing takes quite a long time, considering how nearly instant refreshing is on most other games. Besides the multiplayer issues, I love the game.

The only solution I have to this is, restart your game and try again, it’s not just about your client, sometimes when someone starts a listen server, no one can connect, even if you see it. So if you have restarted your game 2-3 times and still can’t connect to that one server you wanted to join, i suggest you try another. If you cannot connect to any server at all no matter how many times you restart, the fault is obviously on your side. The whole net-code is a mess right now.

When I try to find games, none will show up, except games from the same country. Since I live in New Zealand there aren't many. When I played this game on the day of release, I could join all kinds of servers, I would lag slightly but otherwise it was fine. The day after I could no longer find any servers beyond NZ ones, which I could join fine. If this is because players are limited to games only within their region then never mind.

i am having problem in hosting listen server.....its not working i click on host there's no response plz help me....how can i fix it????

Quote Originally Posted by antimage View Post
    i am having problem in hosting listen server.....its not working i click on host there's no response plz help me....how can i fix it????
    Do you know that The Haunted: Hell’s Reach game uses the steam service to host and join multiplayer games. To launch a dedicated server you need to have the steam client running and the dedicated server tools installed. The server needs to have internet ports open to ensure it gets listed on the steam server list.