Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Getting game setup error in Battlefield 3

Video Games

Old 28-10-2011

Getting game setup error in Battlefield 3

I have recently got this game called ?Battlefield 3? as I used to play its previous version but the problem that I have started facing in this game is that when I am lunching the game then I am getting a error message saying that there was some problem while launching and you will have to reinstall the game and then when I reinstalled it again I was facing the same problem I have by now reinstalled the game for more than five times but I am still with the same problem. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about the same and can help me out. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Old 28-10-2011

Re: Getting game setup error in Battlefield 3

I am having the below system and I am facing the exact problem:
  • Windows xp
  • Asus Rampage 2 Extreme
  • i7 950
  • Asus Xonar D2X
  • Asus EAH5850
  • 6GB Gskill Trident
Any help will be appreciated.
Old 28-10-2011

I will suggest you to check out the minimum system requirement for this game first:
  • Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
  • Graphics card memory: 512 MB
  • Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
  • Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
But if you still have the problem than I will like to suggest you that there is some kind of update for the vista and it is related to the update of the direct x 11 so I will suggest you to get the update done which I have found out is "KB971512" patch and then try to run the game and then check if it is helping you out.
Old 29-10-2011

I was facing the same problem but then I was somehow able to solve the problem and I am not sure that if it is a perfect solution for this problem or not but then I was able to solve the problem by installing the internet explorer 9 I don?t know why is that required but I have found that this game need a bunch of internet explorer plug-in in order to install it even though it sounds weird but trust me I am not facing the same problem after installing internet explorer 9 if you want then you can try the same and see if you are able to solve your problem this way or not. Just check it out and then let me know whether it is working for you or not.
Old 29-10-2011

I did the following and I was able to solve this problem:
  • I had Installed the game from DVD/Origin
  • After launching it I got the reinstallation error
  • I then tried rebooting and setting bf3 to run as administrator which did not helped
  • Later I ran the Windows Update and found that it was offering IE9.
  • Then I installed the IE9 and then ran the game and the problem was solved.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,