Thread: How to run Stronghold 3 in Windows Mode

How to run Stronghold 3 in Windows Mode

I need help to figure out how to play stronghold 3 in windows mode. The reason for this, is that I want to live stream my gameplay, but not able to configure it properly. The screen does not properly fits. Where I can find the settings for this. On the other hand I also want to make settings to the streaming video. The game runs in full screen mode and it has become hard to manage it for live streaming. I tried to look in the settings and other stuff but there is nothing much mentioned. I am sure some of you might have been successful in modifying the screen settings.

Re: How to run Stronghold 3 in Windows Mode

I do not think there is a way for that. I too tried looking inside the video settings but there is nothing listed like windows mode. I think this game does not work in windows mode.

I will recommend you to look for some kind of video game emulator which offer this services. There are lots of game emulators that can be downloaded for free and you can run the game inside that offering you window mode. I had seen my friend playing a steam game with the help of emulator. But I do not know which one he was using. You can try finding on web about this. I am also not aware that which game emulator will work for Strong hold 3. Basically if possible go in the game directory and look for the config file. That config file has video resolution settings. You must have a backup of the same before doing this. By manual modifying the settings, I hope that the game would run in window mode. There is nothing much you can do if this does not works.

This is just a wild guess I am providing. This had worked in the old version of Stronghold game series. What you need to do is right click on the game icon and then click on Properties. You can see a target box. In that box at the end you will need to type -windowed. That's it. Just give ok and try back. So this should be like this : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firefly Studios\Stronghold\Stronghold.exe" -windowed. Give ok and then run back. If you face any kind of error in launching the game, then again go in properties and remove the last windowed word from it. It will go back to normal as it was working before. Also try out -window if that does not work. I am not aware about the exact phrase. Also there is another option wher eyou will need to modify the game profile. Go in C:\Users\username\Documents\Stronghold 3\Profiles. In that you have to modify the following two settings to get appropriate resolution. Look for x_res= and set the same to "1920". In the same way look for y_res= and set the same to "1080".