Thread: Need some suggestions in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

Re: Need some suggestions in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

They look like they will add some aspect of the strategy in the game. I just hope they do not overload the tinkering aspect of management of the colony. Otherwise the game will start to look more like the other games I mentioned. I personally prefer that the game remains streamlined. As for the publication in place, and I, but free time is very short these days. And I would have to register, authenticate.

Need some suggestions in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

I am late convert to Sots, after playing the likes of Pax Imperia, MoO, MoO2 and GC. However, I really like the streamlined approach to Gender 4x designed in this title. It allows for some games that fall into the deep strategy relatively quickly. Especially with a good IA. Something that sometimes tended to vary. We hope to see remain in the sequel.

The sequel (though not much information out yet) seems to be great. And probably still implement new ideas, because there are still two polling stations (in forums), where he asked the community in which aspects they would like most / least see an increase in detail (results Currently most of the systems is Star (multiple planets, asteroid belts, more room for maneuver, etc.) and ship's services and resources at least one survey is the most preferred option).

Something that allows players to avoid dangerous systems. Or allows players to tag a dangerous system so that the algorithm of the sea routes notes and generate a longer route around the dangerous system. Or simply let the AI do without it automatically, and allow the fleet to arrive at a name, the fastest way to come, but surely. Systems with pesky stray swarm monitoring stations or enemy fleets / contacts should not be the cemeteries to a fleet that is capable of taking a path through space friendly.

Node bypass this characteristic would be great, but earlier or later a human player has to take control of the lines of nodes, and that comprises making certain that all the planets in the very important node routes are monitored. If it's one thing I've learned to play multiplayer, the more you know, better, and its own node lines are essential, even if they are barren planets.

Automatic node routes - it gets really annoying the need to draw more than a dozen routes in a single shift. If there is more to do (in the last stage games) and add to the need to collect the fleets sent to an intermediate system for approval a threat know / encounter that happened a couple of laps before, it only gets too much of a problem of micromanagement. Routing should remain a task begun, but it would be good to have at least be aware of possible node was the site of the recent battle. At the time that the problem lies in having to track the nodes along a path to see what possible hostile is "could" be waiting in a system. Maybe then the interface could be alternative routes possible, provide a risk rating for each and then through an option on the interface allows the player to select the preferred route. I still think this is a good idea in SP or MP.

There is certainly a step in the game to be able to avoid an automatic system is useful. Having said that, over time you will have to return to the system to disable it, and Kerberos have to program a way to selectively disable and prevent it aside. Probably worth the work, but I'm not a programmer, so I do not know what it is.

This is due to the fact that all factions involved in orbit at the meeting and cannot be modeled separately. I once had a tactical battle faction 5 in orbit around one of my colonies.