Thread: Hiver ships in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

Hiver ships in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

A minor issue, since the intention of buying SOT 2, and I am torn between the start of the hive or Morrigi, does anyone have any images of ships winter? It seems little, but only aesthetic tip over the edge.

Re: Hiver ships in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

It is difficult to make recommendations for a game nobody has played yet with respect to the original, the "standard" view was that Tarkas are the most "normal" and therefore easier to learn, while requiring a completely Hiver planning different from other races and therefore should be left for later. Hiver played first and surely not hard for a new player - the trouble is that if you're utilized to them is much more hard to play like everybody else, mainly if you have little experience with 4X games. In fact there is no race that are better than others, all are pretty well balanced and have their own little points of difference. If the aesthetics of a race or background story, it attracts more than others, that's as good a reason as simple. If you like the method of moving the race more than others, then just go with that. If you try one and do not like, try another. The game is very good in that sense.

Playing as Hiver would have to be too unsuccessful to get his second colony, while everybody else previously has 10 or more. 3-5 is more realistic, but as well unbiased against the fact that Hivers colonies can build very rapidly. Every new camp can get ships of any other world in just a time that greatly accelerates the process.

At the time no one hiver has about 10 or more worlds, winter has half of the galaxy. And I mean galaxy 350 stars. What happens is that just spams the doors very early and sends it everywhere. In 350 maps at any time must be at least at the gates 30 to 40 on the road. It offers you more options than cowards who swarm technology cleans easily with starting and nobody, except human beings can be caught by surprise. Home close to humans can be problematic as it would have to run their technical language and bribery of PAN, as soon as possible. Hivers can worlds at high risk of color first and the second as the speed of development is second only Zuul. With just slap 3 biomes around and get out. Liir curious about: the most speed of the research was done to compensate for their pathetic cabbage skills.

I have no experience playing small maps. The random encounters? Neumann did not destroy the colonies and satellites can be fed with cheap swarm queens are more fun and revenues, the asteroids, the slave is extremely rare, what else? Some things super scary, like locusts? It happens and it has nothing to do with my departure.

I have no knowledge of game maps with over 60 stars, of which just half of these systems could be aspirants for settlement, no nuclear missiles terraforming. I can see that the doors of spam would assist in the large maps, where a pair of systems is not much, but it is still viable in a small? If so, congratulations. If not, I will keep in mind if you play a great game, but it will not help in the mean time.