Thread: Dead-End Tech Tree in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

Dead-End Tech Tree in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

I love SoTS, I started playing this last game, but I realized its potential in the ability to play almost unlimited, and the game's interface almost perfect. The only thing that always find frustrating is the "dead" technology tree. In the big games - I prefer them with lots of stars and empires - they finish having hardly worth the technology development through play. Besides the expansion, do you think the ability to add a few general-purpose technical, such as "stronger beam weapons", with a searchable lot of levels, each introducing new technology is not adequate, but the improve the statistics of a group of weapons \ Engines \ defenses \ etc?

Re: Dead-End Tech Tree in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

Sots-tree technology is not giving the heavy lifting, which is the opposite of that. Worked really hard to avoid filler technology in our tree. If you want to avoid the massive galaxy in the middle of the set-up, slow down game research. Otherwise, yes, to see two of customizable game options work together in a strange way - a side effect of letting the game we have to adjust the way they prefer. So, by inference, not as filler SotS2 technology.

Unless technicians filling costs absolutely huge, the game tends to reward over-specialization as well. Technical races and he continues to receive benefits and optimal units of each type used. HoI2 had the trouble that most brigades were not well at what they are supposed to do so we just studied the equivalent one (s), and future technology without huge penalty (in the worst case is a technology takes 1000 days for research in this game, which is much longer than a technology over time it often takes much less time for a good team). Even with that kind of relationship if you focused its 5 high-tech slots or 10 relevant technical, which finished ahead of people who tried to get around / use a balanced approach. If you used a large number of technicians to develop a lot of different styles of units you need a reward for doing so.

I cannot really spend much time reviewing what the last three years of Sots is, as much as I love - hopefully some experienced players can help a little, and of course there is the super-awesome Wiki.

If you play in larger galaxies, the rate of 50% technical adjustment or reach the end of the tree prematurely. 50% savings will not hurt either. If you receive PD and PD phaser missile, yes, applicant’s enemies are toast. Similarly, energy absorbers are hell on opponent energy weapons, and the uppermost level armor ballistic weapons laughter. If you have all these things at one time, their ships are very difficult to do harm. Fortunately, no race is good in all these things, and all are high-tech, while all weapons groups have simple low-tech options. Given the random tech tree, you may have alternatives if you look.