Thread: Bad Human ships in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

Bad Human ships in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

It is not very robust, poor motor design with large, exposed, vulnerable to the area of weapons of attack. Human ships decent rate when left to stand out, but will die as soon as you turn around when the enemy closes. There is no maneuvering at all, on par with the strongest and infinitely Tarkas Hivers, the poor results in "closed" mode. There is no point in building lasers as such. Slots mediocre defense point of the most helpful basic boat - if the missile company. Defend against missiles amazingly poorly because of low HP.

Re: Bad Human ships in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

Yes you're right. It’s rare technical protection technology in the trees around and yet, the shield design is poor, and reducing what humans really need is, missiles. You get mediocre survival and little or no chance of defeating the enemy with missiles for the inconvenience. There is only one kind of man really stand out against the enemy - the swarms and other random encounters, but that is no consolation when you need 2-3 for each of any other vessel through play. This is true when playing for and against them; I was killing them with 2:1 or 3:1 and Liir Morrigi both.

Human ships have been going well and at first the speed of research is the second best. I would suggest changing the missile cannons AP fusion or drivers. If you have a large frame weapon missiles not try BattleBridge / Armor / Fusion, HH / Armor / melting otherwise. For all small lasers mounts PD. Another design is the human good FireControl / War destroyer. After entering the battle states that all ships face side. Pack your ships together to face the first wave. Then set their ships to CTA or exercise and start focusing on shooting enemy ships by CnC ships a priority. This should help.

Prove what you are saying. Still disappointed with the small number of mounts those human cruises if you put the control of fire or deflectors. Let's see how the game progresses and so far my diplomacy has been far more effective than my navy.

To be fair, both FC and deflectors are very restrictive in the turrets. It is true that their boats do not compare too well, fighting smart, the other races, but it seems a HH-Amour/HH-War CR even more damage dealt enough. I can be a bit biased, however, that I come from a game like humans which ended up being around shield, lightning, energy cannon, and technicians from the armor. However, the missiles, I think, are becoming less helpful outside the early game. Make certain you have a huge alpha, and place in all my commands and non-combat ships, but or else I think the slow rate of fire makes untrustworthy for my style of play. Instead favor energy guns or phasers. Even DF racks of a sudden, because, well, look very good.

I hear what you say about HH / Canyons, but without CF have an accuracy rate of 40% or something. To be really good technicians in much later, but it is much easier to reach with just about any other "fast" race, while even the endgame guns need to hit their average or worst Tarka Hiver ship several kazillion before the pen.

I think humans are the best in self-determination, have a rapid expansion, the economy good, decent speeds and high technology. Technology is fast, DD research; create a group, and self-determination of each battle. Much better than getting rabies fits when you see the ships going down despite having a Bodycount 3:01 2:1 in tactical mode.

I have long as it’s been let down with Human Cruisers and in its place have relied on Destroyers Human Rights and Dreadnoughts. That said, humans are at a standstill my preferred race in all Sots so there must be somewhat for them. And do not forget the advantages of having the best CTF in the galaxy, not what is the battery capacity in more reinforcements or a precipitous withdrawal. That cannot be intercepted while it is retreating. Furthermore, it is rarely a good idea to point your engines in the direction of the enemy (unless you're in line at a high speed pass). I call this behavior "present." Use sheets, which are incredibly effective. Once my ship fought Mecron and only one belongs to a Human tanker used proper tactics barrage against me. He may have had fusion engines but certainly used them to his advantage.

I think Human ships to be good. The first light emitting game can lead very far, since only some of the careers that can find the principles of assembly. It is also quite easy to deal with the swarm and unwanted visitors with only a few mounted GIVE. If you do not have access to the LE Cruise usually go with the particle beam as soon as possible a follow-up EP to support. Early Technical armor, so you can keep your ships around.

Personally I think GE is terrible until you reach the middle game, then the tech tree becomes God. Point-defense/missiles early game is better and cheaper as a combination, but sometimes you just have no point of protection. In this case it is superior to just lasers. There is not anything incorrect with human destroyers. There are superior destroyers out there, but humans are at least well, but turn by 90-100 destroyers is like an irrelevance, and human cruisers are bad. By the way I did self-solve my way to the partial victory; nevertheless, pumping four to five DD once, until everybody in the galaxy was my ally, extinct, or controlled by an AI rebellion.