Thread: Trendynet Characters made in Dungeon Defenders are lost every time I restart the game

Trendynet Characters made in Dungeon Defenders are lost every time I restart the game

I just got the game two days back and I got started with the game the game is good and I have reached a certain level in the game. One strange thing that I observed in the game is that whichever trendynet characters in the game got lost when I restarted the game. Now the whole fun of the game is lost and I can see that everyone of them are trying their level best to reach the max level and I have to begin with the new one that’s what makes me go frustrated don’t want that thing to be happening here so that’s why I am avoiding that. Anyways do you all have come across any method by which we can avoid such kind of restarts and also loosing the characters after restart. I don’t want that thing to be happening at all.

Re: Trendynet Characters made in Dungeon Defenders are lost every time I restart the game

If you are playing the game in steam then you will be gifted with the feature known as Steam Cloud Synchronization. If you don’t know then there is a option for the cloud storage and keep it up as a backup that’s what you should be doing.
    1) Go to Dungeon Defenders.
    2) Then properties and next is updates. Check out for the box of it is checked or not. So check out for the same and you will be getting the necessary thing that you were looking for sure.
    You will be able to keep the backup in that storage only. Hope that was enough for you all that’s it from my side for you.

Re: Trendynet Characters made in Dungeon Defenders are lost every time I restart the game

There is one more solution for you and that it too run as administrator and then save it there. I think that method would definitely work out for you that’s what I am sure of, so do go ahead and give a try for the same and let me know if that was of use for you.

I did try with the said solution that you had given me here so what I am saying is that I have the Steam synchronization set to on and also the admin method that you have suggested me I had given a try earlier as well even that did not work for me.

I would ask you all to suggest me something else that would be better for me.

Why don’t you all save the log file of the game and then copy the log file and forward it to the developers about the same they will be addressing you accordingly for the said problem that’s what I am sure of. Write –dowritelog in the command line option and then Run the game play on trendynet exit. So do have a good look at the same and hence that’s what you should be doing for sure, I hope you did understand what I am saying here.

Make sure you send the log to the trendynet people and also keep a copy of it for yourself, so that’s what you should be doing here I hope that was enough for you, that’s it from my side for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by MinkaM View Post
    Why don’t you all save the log file of the game and then copy the log file and forward it to the developers about the same they will be addressing you accordingly for the said problem that’s what I am sure of. Write –dowritelog in the command line option and then Run the game play on trendynet exit. So do have a good look at the same and hence that’s what you should be doing for sure, I hope you did understand what I am saying here.

Make sure you send the log to the trendynet people and also keep a copy of it for yourself, so that’s what you should be doing here I hope that was enough for you, that’s it from my side for you all.
    Ok I will be doing that and also I will be working on the steam by keeping the synchronization off and will see if that works or not. Just for a change giving a try for the same that’s what I am saying here, so this is what I want to say here. Anyways I will be reverting back to you all guys if the said method does work out for me.

Since it will be very much useful for the others as well, that’s what I think here.

I have submitted the log file earlier as well and they did not respond to me in any manner at all so I think so it is useless telling them to act on any of the said problem, that’s what the main thing is. Its not me but many of my friends who had tried contacting them for the said problem but the sad people did not respond anywhere.

I would say that have you checked the latest patch that has released if not then I would advise you to get started with the pact that’s what I think would be the ideal thing to do as of now that’s what I feel here. Since I have read the latest patch notes in many of the forums and it seems to me as a good update for the game. So I would ask you to just check out the latest patches that has come for the game and if possible do try and run it and let us know if the patch does helps you in bringing some kind o changes in the game. That’s what I am hoping for, so do give it a try and revert back to me if this said suggestion from my side was of nay use for you or not. Waiting for the replies from your side.

Hey guys that did not work for me at all, I did turn off the synchronization in the steam and that did not work for me at all, don’t know what can be the main cause of the problem but I would say that it must be some kind of problem with the steam only. I have had a chat with the steam people about the problem and they are saying that they are trying hard to get it fixed as soon as possible that’s what they are hoping for.

That looks a issue of not saving. The characters are not saved because of which you lose them. There are some steps you can try. First just check steam cloud support is enabled or disabled in your system. If disabled you can switch that support to the local files where you can save the game files. Second thing try to Verity the Integrity of game cache. This is a important troubleshooting step to check. This step will rescan the game and re-download all the messed up file in the game. This is the only way to fix up. If you are lucky you can find your game characters back again. If still you are facing trouble then try to switch back to steam cloud mode. Ensure that you have enough space left to keep your game files.

This issue is quiet common not only with the character saving but with other upgrades and save game files also. The reason behind this is not yet specified. I had seen some of my friends not able get proper save games. The screen showed that the game saved properly. I had checked the game logs also for this but there is nothing mentioned clearly. You can try verifying the cache and re-saving the file one more time. You can contact TrendyNet to rollback your changes.