Thread: Need Mods For the PS3 version of Dungeon Defenders

Need Mods For the PS3 version of Dungeon Defenders

The PS3 version of Dungeon Defenders will be platform and the PC version mods support. These two things made me wonder: "Is the PS3 version mods support?" My guess is not instantaneous, as it has not been announced, and I imagine that is quite fashionable at the plate this game on all platforms, but for reference. Point, the PS3 version of Unreal Tournament 3 (as well a game of Unreal 3) allows players to store mods USB storage devices, and after that play the mod by connecting the storage device for your PS3. These things just made me curious about the possibility.

Re: Need Mods For the PS3 version of Dungeon Defenders

I highly doubt m8. I do not remember reading that if he said anything or not, but I have a stinging sensation no. Unreal Tournament 3 is the only game I can think of one very good reason. But again, proponents of Dungeon PS3 are the only cross-platform game that comes to mind.

It will be very unlikely; they'd rather break the jackpot lottery game modding a PS3. SONY really fighting homebrews. So basically, no, you will not be able to mod the PS3 version of DD.

What UT3 has it actually, to my knowledge, not anything to do with hewing the PS3, or the use of the PS3 in anyhow, because there is no mod tool like this system. The game just needs players to download mods previously shaped from a PC using the Unreal Development Kit.

The mods are imported into a USB flash drive or an external hard drive and then re-exported to the PS3 in-game menu. That is, indeed, it seems like piracy, considering that the role has gone to the PS3 version. Once again, UT3 is the only one doing this, I was only able to propose somewhat similar to DD, and it is as well a game of Unreal 3. I have no thought if that's even possible, and it's actually fair to say that the current black eye got from Sony hackers can harden his stance on modding of any kind.

The start of a game from a USB drive is essentially circumventing the piracy protection when Bluray PS3 might get broken. So there is no way in the face of Sony. Unable to homebrew their own game of a UDK for the PS3. Sony does not allow this. To make your own game, you need a license to do for Sony.

You're correct; the PS3 does not utilize the UDK, which was in fact passing onto the editor sent or downloaded to the PC version of UT3. These are not hacks or homebrew software, just the content editor shaped from the PC itself, which was made by Epic to be completely well-matched with the PS3 version, there is not even an alternative in the options menu to turn UT3 these mods off a USB flash drive. This is the content from the editor of PC UT3 maps that has been able to be played on the PS3 version of UT3. Once again, I'm not suggesting any foreign software tools are not created by the developers themselves.

The OP is utilizing the word 'Mod' to pass on to any alter in skin / level / texture in the game. Not refer to a 'mod' unit of the console. I would say that if it was likely to mods, said in a USB stick and DD to make out the mods and alter the game, it might be possible. That could be somewhat unreal side has UDK.

It sounded as if he were discussing modding the PS3 itself, which should have been more specific. But again, back to what I wanted to say about the content editor for DD, this was something that Epic Games, the maker and owner of the Unreal Engine 3 they did to UT3. That was a great characteristic that promotes for the PS3 version back in 2007, what has been done, even if other Unreal games have not, and may never will.

The opening of a game console modding the game itself can also open new possibilities for the console mod. That's why Sony can and will say no. Not to mention the import option character. That alone is perilous to inject data to hack the system. Keep in mind that the DOL hack for PSO: GC. This similar technique can be utilized in DD: Import PS3 character. That's why Sony can say no to DD mods on PS3.

It's what we're talking about some sort of sandbox editor to modify the user interface, and create levels? If so I think that Sony has had this type of game before in your system. As long as the editor is published by the company or someone that Sony is well with the editor and that are authorized by Sony, do not see why this could not happen. If fashion is that for a system, I see that not doing so for another. If the editor / (a) that fashion is what is really malicious in the system, I think that any of the Microsoft Google, Apple, (for PC and 360) would have said something and that through the people in your editor could come in and start cutting things. Modding systems and harmful things run out.

Sony has, in fact, allowed game publishers. InFamous 2 users created missions in it. These are the missions that people have created a tool, just as is being launched by DD in PC.