Thread: Not able to sync save files of Dungeon Defenders via steam

Not able to sync save files of Dungeon Defenders via steam

The search for Steam, Cloud and Save brought nothing. DD game on two different machines, one at home, one in the office (lunch and after work only). The first two days the timing worked well, but then stopped suddenly. Durign the weekend I played DD for at least six different occasions, with what some of my characters to 15 and creating a new character. This morning I came to work, started the game through steam, but unfortunately, all that the game of the weekend was not here. As a temporary solution, I will have my wife that emailed me to save files, but I kind of believes that Steam should do this mechanically.

Re: Not able to sync save files of Dungeon Defenders via steam

I hope this is what happened to me too. I have my hunter level 27 with tot some good teams and weapons. When I walked in today, not in my pc, but on my laptop, I realized that my hunter lvl 16 went back and had nothing of the march and the things that had gathered. I would like to see a solution to all this soon. I had lost a level and yesterday in my hunter from lvl 27 to 26, but I just did this again. But I lost two characters at the beginning and that is removed. I really like this game, but this error and whipe progress and what is really annoying me.

Local savings divided by the design. I have to play the ranked online all the time, even for solo games and local LAN of the family. This is what I found: The games are stored in a couple of files for all users and characters. These files are in the program's executable directory, and are not specific to a user of steam, or a Windows user. They are for the PC world. Therefore, if you have two people playing on the same PC,characters, unlock, etc.

If you move save to another computer they all motion, not only can move one of the characters. Therefore, you will end up losing the levels or characters, keep in mind: Start the computer-1 and play a couple of characters. Install the game-2 computer, copying the program files from the Steam directory - look that has deceived the characters and all its elements. You now have two sets of characters other than those two teams, despite having the same name, etc are different. If you play a character on a computer and another character on the other computer, it is now impossible to get a single computer with the latest version of both characters, because no one can copy from one computer to another.

I bought a package of 4, planning to play with my two friends. Not fit all - levels lost, lost characters, etc. Trendynet cuts do not think the timing of steam does nothing at all for this game. There is nothing at all tied to the Steam account, apart from the license key, easily verifiable by switching to a different Steam account and see all the playable characters, etc. that yet another account.

The timing of steam worked for the first couple of days, for one of my workers for the first week and is now off. As far as keeping a file of all the character and save banks, not unknown, and usually do not consider it a problem.

Anyone found a solution for this yet? I tried disabling the steam cloud, and verify the integrity of game cache. Nothing worked. I first installed the game machine 1, i back up game data and restores it on the machine 2. On a machine that I have a char lvl 15 in the machine 2, the same char is lvl 10 and lvl 12, I have another one that is not available in the machine 1.

That sounds like something went wrong. At lunch I asked the woman to send me the files on my laptop. I have them, put them on my work machine and it worked perfectly. Now I'm bringing home at night, and I hope it will work.

I registered so that people know that a temporary solution, while fashion is to find out what went wrong. If you have a cash account of the drop, or a similar service for sharing files that you can do the following steps. Warning: This is voodoo a little advanced windows, it will only if you understand it.

1. Just Copy the most recent edition of steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\binaries\Win32\DunDefHeroes.dun and the .dun.bak to a folder on dropbox
    2. After that begin a copy of cmd.exe with administrator privledges
    3. cd into the dungeon defenders win32 folder
    4. mklink DunDefHeroes.dun <location of file in dropbox>
    5. Take out the <> and the text between and put back it to the file you copied to the dropbox folder, in case you didn't discover.
    6. Do the similar for the .dun.bak file
    7. Do again 2-5 on every computer you want to have your most recent files on.

Keep in mind to relapse this while you notice a patch note saying that the steam cloud is detached.

Twilightling, where and which files you need to transfer it to work? I have the same problem and I also get it fixed.