Thread: Steam synchronize save file with different machine to play the Dungeon defenders

Steam synchronize save file with different machine to play the Dungeon defenders

I have downloaded the Dungeon Defenders games and that is the good one to play, whenever I require to play the game on two different machine I fails to do that whenever I want to synchronize these game with two different machine. My steam fail to synchronized and while playing the game my game suddenly stop, so what is that issue. I don’t have much information about these so guys if you have any of the information about this topic then please do the reply for this. Any of the ideas and suggestion will be appreciated

re: Steam synchronize save file with different machine to play the Dungeon defenders

Such kind of the issue for the Steams are mostly occurs in many of the game that once you have played that game in the PC and then again you have logged in to the Steam you will find that the data or the level you have reach last time is all erased and no changes are found in the game that means this is the common problems for the Steam player to play most of the game.

re: Steam synchronize save file with different machine to play the Dungeon defenders

According to my experience the Local saves for the game are broken, all the entire user and the character are saved in one of the pair of files, and that file is the executable program file, so it is not share with the Steam because of that the data is there on the System but not there on the Steam that means if you have login to the Steam you have to play the game from the Starting onwards and if you wish to play the game in the local computer there you are up to date with the changes made by the levels automatically or the changes make by the user manually. That file is considered to be the global file for the PC. So if you are having the game on the PC and these game played by the two different user then they both have the Access to the same data for the game, and also if you want to move the game file to the other computer then there are the possibility that the entire file will transfer to the other computer also.

There are the chances that make the data remain the same for the entire user using the same account for the Steam, since if you want to move any of the data for the game from one computer to the other computer then the entire data of that file is copied to that URL. Say for an example if you have install the game on one of the computer and you are playing over there, this Dungeon Defenders and suppose you want to play that game on other system by using the Steam Directly, there are none of the chances for copying the file from one of the computer to the other computer. That means that the loss of the level and the character is possible if you are using the two computers at the same time.

This is not an issue since I and my friends are playing in the Steam and we have not seen any of the problems for the game to play in the Steam account, also the entire character and any of the data using only one file is not seen or hear, if there are the file or the directory which have to be synchronized.

If you are facing the Synchronizing problems then there are following steps that can make you to synchronize the game for two different Systems. So for that you have to make sure to disable the steam cloud, and then you have to verify the integrity for the game cache. But however there is none of the possibility there that make you the get the changes done by the player one in system one , will be not available for the player two in the game you want to play.

There are the chances to get the update game for make the use of that game in the other system by means of the backup that is the simple for playing the game from that point that it was last stop, so for that you have to keep the backup file with you and whenever you require to continue with the game. And any of the level or the character changes will be visual too in the other system.

The game Dungeon Defenders is best game I have seen that have the best graphic and the sound effect and also the level difficulty is good to play, but however there are the none of the chances to play the same game from different system to get the last level you have play in Desktop and you are trying to get the same level in the Laptop is not possible. So the simple thing is that to play the game in any one of the system if you want to continue from the last section of the game. That means that you can only play the game only at the home or you can play the game only at the office or you can make the use of the file manually for the different System to get the last game update while playing the game.

Even I was also confused about the transferring of the same game to different location in different system, so for that I have found a solution may it work for you this solution is little bit of tricky do so for that you have to be quite sure that you have to do it properly, so for that you have the account for the drop box or some similar file sharing services to be available to make the use for you, so if you have such services there on your system and on the account you have to follow this simple steps to make the game transferring from one system to other and so on.

The same problems were here also but at last I have one of the solution for this, the simple solution for this kind of process is that you have to make the copy of the latest version of ‘steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\binaries\Win32\DunDefHeroes.dun’ to one of the directory on your dropbox. So with the use of the 'administrator privledges' you have to start the copying the 'cmd.exe' in that location. Now go to the dungeon defenders win32 folder with the help of the 'cd command' and after that you have to make the use command 'mklink DunDefHeroes.dun' followed by the location of file in dropbox. Follow the same procedure for the '.dun.bak file'. So by this you are able to get the file on the different system. And finally you have to keep one thing in mind that if the patch note saying that the steam cloud is fixed. You have to revert back to the process.

If you want to Synchronizing the game from one of the system to other system then you can do that but the problems is that you will not get the actual Game that have been played on the previous System, that means that the game available on the another PC is totally from the initial start level that means the game always start from the First level new the system new the level.