Thread: Is it necessary to install AMD cpu driver to install Dungeon Defenders

Is it necessary to install AMD cpu driver to install Dungeon Defenders

I pre-ordered DD on steam and waited nervously for it. Finally the day comes. I go to install and I encompass a AMD cpu driver installation prompt throughout installation. I have an Intel cpu. I disallow the install because I don't desire to be installing needless software on my system. Therefore I am posting this over here. So somebody can please clarify to me why I am not able to install DD except I install a needless driver intended for a cpu that I don't even have? I am still waiting to play this game other than I decline to in anticipation that I can install devoid of being forced to place amd drivers for my computer. Is there anyone who can tell that what should I do in order to get this solved?

Re: Is it necessary to install AMD cpu driver to install Dungeon Defenders

I would like to tell you that this is not the AMD CPU driver. This is just the AMD efficiency optimizer meant for the AMD driver otherwise the graphic card (ATI/AMD). This is most typically labeled like a CPU optimizer, in many of the installers.

Even for AMD driver installation is simple. The best scenario involves connecting the card to the motherboard, connect the Crossfire bridge, the start of the system and install drivers. In the worst case the driver does not recognize the card. If you try to install the driver with a single card attached to the procedure will fail, but when you add the second card the Catalyst Control Center (the interface of the AMD graphics drivers) will return an error message and will not allow the access to the CrossFire setup panel.

If this problem occurs, you can typically fix it by installing only the main board and then the second, only after the bridge connecting CrossFire. If you still do not succeed, try to install the first card in the PCI Express root, then remove it and install the second card in the slot. A completed installation connects both cards.

AMD drivers are sometimes capricious. If you cannot solve the problem, even after trying different tactics, you have to change drivers. Uninstall and reinstall the same driver does not always work. In our case, the only workable solution was to use the drivers included with your board (not officially supported). Fortunately, this solution will allow you to use the Catalyst Control Center to enable CrossFire.

Once you are done with the installation of the card driver, the system will prompt you to enable CrossFire. The check box activation is often already checked, but you'll adjust the anti-aliasing and texture filtering, and then restart the system. With the current drivers, you cannot activate the CrossFire without using a bridge that physically connects the two cards (unless you're using low-end cards).

There is one positive point is that you can use the GPU CrossFire with different classes. The performance scale, however imperfectly. Do not expect to earn twice the performance with less powerful cards.

You would ordinarily be able to settle it by fixing just the essential plank and afterward the second, just when the scaffold interfacing CrossFire. In the event that you still make a point not to succeed, attempt to introduce the first card in the PCI Express root, then evacuate it and instate the second card in the space.

I don't think that it is necessary because I am playing the same and that is running without any issue.