Thread: Walls and siege engines in Stronghold 3

Walls and siege engines in Stronghold 3

Hello friends, I want to ask that will there be the walls and the siege engines in the game, as you compared with the older game of the Stronghold. I want to play the game so I wanted to get confirmed with the other user who might know something about it. So please tell me that if you are getting some sort of the news or some information regarding game which will be helpful for me. So kindly please tell me about it so that when I purchase the game, the money should not get waste in that. The suggestion which you will give me will be helpful and also it will help me. Thank you.

Re: Walls and siege engines in Stronghold 3

If you want to know about it then you have to check on the game website where the developer of the game might have told about the game and also what is there and also not in the game, so you better get check for you.

From the videos we've seen so far, when the walls of a blow, you just fall all over the place. The problem is not only that, but also to explain I9d. Perhaps you agree, but I will try to evaluate things in a logical manner. When approaching a castle which was destined walls etc, as something that will not easily take the punishment until it sets. This means that no matter if the fire from a catapult, so much more power, not only the walls could fall this way, I mean, is not piercing or high likely to explode round from artillery today's 150 - 155 mm (still, I cannot hit stone walls are just a few meters thick) If there are thick walls, which are supportive to the "first line" of the walls, there is something that does not connect and falls as easily, regardless of its thickness. An example is both Stronghold 1 and Stronghold 2, the only thing there is - more sections of the walls were damaged in place to absorb the damage. A trebuchet fire like every 7 seconds, its strength is more powerful than you might expect to be. I understand that people like to have one more game in about 40 minutes that trained people necessary for an arm. Also, when a trebuchet is so powerful, what do you think will happen if the construction of 20? Just look what he did on Stronghold 2.

So if you are doing physics, can be modeled as much of the strength of a wall can hold, the deflection angle of impact, etc, but that's not the point. Thicker walls require surviving additional punishment, but also having negative feature, which obtain up additional gap, reducing the land can be built for the purpose of the economy. A thick line the walls should be good when there is only a catapult fireing them, I mean

When the game uses physics to "ooh see how it falls apart", to use physics to determine if the walls are starting to fall apart when it is beaten. That means that you have to concentrate fire to weaken the walls first and then take it down. This should be required to take either the time, a mass of stone-throwing equipment. An example of that was pretty bad n the previous games ... the Crusaders example, I remember once I wanted to accomplish without casualties Calisher large due to burning, 37 catapults and I was faster. Although the destruction was vast and fast, the catapults had "upeep" for use. Stone Age, one can imagine that the dismissal of more than 20 stone rack meant I had to have 370 stone to rearm; this was removed in the SH 2 and later. That meant, he did not need stone and catapult / trebuchet might fire indefinitely without additional firing cost. That meant, at no cost, all we did was build more catapults, 20 +. Of course no one wants to see the spam, so you need to have after the purchase "maintenance" just as it was with the cows, just as it should be "high explosive" field or ammunition without resources, fire catapults should leave indefinitely, when used against the hosts, who were the worst. In SH 1 was a shooting death ("good" times mangonel) in SH 2 was even worse, as each stone had not only AoE damage, but around the world began to fly. If they hit impassable terrain structure, nor the trees, installed, so its killing potential was even greater in comparison to SH1.

Why use hosts when you can use siege engines dominated, just pay in advance ... I mean, with a patch Magde SH 2 fire ballista fire command only in the players. The flaw was that instead of doing damage on his way through all that was imba. But instead of addressing the real problem that they did the opposite, adding bus that was not necessary.

You're right on the walls. I also believe that catapults and catapults should not hit the wall all the time, and when you reload must take some time, not just a few seconds. In a real site took it as a day to break down a wall

I agree that the walls should be hard, and I mean hard. No infantry units should be able to "blow" my walls. Siege weapons are contrary to the walls, but said they should not break down the walls in a matter of seconds, the construction of walls useless if the siege weapon can fire 10 shots in 30 seconds and reaches a wall only to fall 3-4.