Thread: Mac Compatibility for Stronghold 3

Mac Compatibility for Stronghold 3

I think everyone knows what I will say from the title, but there are plenty of players out there and if Mac Firefly Studios really want to get the entire community must make it available to Mac users, however, understand that takes time and effort (not to speak) to make that happen. Programmers, please feel free to disclose their wisdom with us!

Re: Mac Compatibility for Stronghold 3

I saw that Steam has a lot of games that they (or I'm not sure the creators) made compatible for Mac, and from SH3 is a steam game I guess I could, although not immediately, obviously. Even if you are a shotty port so I prefer to play only PC side without delay. Stronghold is by far my favorite game would be a shame I could not play because they choose not to use Windows.

As much as I like taking away hope from a person, play DirectX lists as a requirement, without mention of OpenGL. That is only for Windows. Also, if you're going to have a Mac version would think that would have mentioned so far. Stronghold 2 was not released for Mac the link you posted is a trick that makes it work. Hack that raises a very interesting question, though: If it's so easy to gain strength to run on a Mac Intel, how is that Stronghold developers cannot be bothered to do it themselves.

Are they already making so much money out of the game does not need to open up to other markets. Opinions are being incorporated Stronghold fans. This means that maybe if enough people are talking about doing the third installment is compatible with Mac that can occur. However, it cannot hurt to try. Keep your comment! The more the better! Everyone is growing very good points and it is expected that developers will begin to read and I agree. A single drop of rain can increase the ocean.

I bought my Mac last year and a half and I played Stronghold 2 years long. Yesterday I saw that a new bulwark and I was very happy until I saw it's only for PC users. It would be very nice if you write a version of OS X, too. You see, I'm not the only Mac market and 25% complex in the last 3 years Stronghold looks good, however, and good work, Stronghold games were my most played games.

Mac is not only the fastest growing platform, but it is very easy and friendly development. And that the software distribution network better than ever invented - the app stores. Firefly would have to contribute OpenGL code to be compatible with Macs. Somewhat expensive, expensive. However, taking into account OSX and is basically a version of Linux, you might be able to get it to run on Macs with the wine, which allows Linux users to get the DirectX games to run on your operating system . Not sure, however, did not bet on it.

Be desks in parallel, but costs 70 Euros. And I need only to Stronghold. Bootcamp is good, but does not work with Windows XP, only Windows 7, I have not. And I know that wine, too, and I try to work with him, but I do not know how. However, other Macs you want to play, too, and many do not know wine or parallel desktops. But perhaps the expensive work will be profitable. And I think it would be easier for a new game.