Thread: Free Driving option in Need For Speed The Run

Free Driving option in Need For Speed The Run

Can anyone please tell me whether there is a free driving option in Need For Speed The Run game or not? When I launch the game then I cannot see any free drive mode option in the menu. In the single player gameplay modes I can see only challenge and The Run. I think this is an important aspect that should be implemented in Need for Speed franchise. Developers should learn this way to create games.

Re: Free Driving option in Need For Speed The Run

The developers have already spoken on this subject, but I will enlighten you. The main objective of this title is to move forward. Therefore there is no free driving options given in this game. In the previous version like NFS Most Wanted, there was free mode for challenges accepted for black list drivers but now in this series it is a complete different scenario.

Most Wanted was actually an exception there. The world was very well done and surprisingly memorable for an open world, the colors seemed fine and the lighting was amazing (it felt like the sun sometimes hides behind the clouds and then comes back). But then came carbon and the game lost everything again. They wanted to do different types of designs, but in the end made a mockery out of it. Although in the nfs:carbon series the driving styles were very good.

Free roam was never really an advantage for the NFS franchise because it never took advantage out of it. And since there is no free drive options in NFS The Run so there will be no cops chasing you around in the free drive. You should better choose a different game like Need for Speed Most Wanted, which was one of the biggest hit in the series, or else get NFS Carbon.