Thread: Unable to play Football Manager 2012

Unable to play Football Manager 2012

I am not able to play Football Manager 2012 on the computer of mine. I don’t know why the above mentioned issue is happening. Any help to fix the matter of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to play Football Manager 2012

What is the hardware configuration of the computer? Which operating system installed on the computer? Do you have done any changes on the computer? Any error message do you getting while playing the game? Let me know if you are having any other information to figure out the root cause of the problem.

Looking at the matter I recommend that you should try to launch the game as Admin of the computer to do the same you have to use the following instruction.

You should look for the exe file of the game and right click on the same.
    From the right click Context menu you have to click on Run as Administrator.

I am suspecting that there compatibility issue with the game and operating system. So you should use the following instruction.
    • You should right click on the exe file of the game then you should click on the Properties.
    • From the right click menu you have to click on the Compatibility tab.
    • Now you have to select the appropriate compatibility settings and see whether the thing is working or not.

In this particular situation there is a back ground process which is interfering with the game. Well to fix the issue you have to perform clean boot the system and see whether the issue is persisting or not.

I think there is an issue with the user account which you are having on the computer which you are supposed to use to play the game. You should simply create a new user account and I think after that you will be able to play the game.
    In case the game is working properly than I recommend that you should remove the user profile which is causing the issue and continue the game playing with the newly created user profile.

Well I think you need to check the integrity of the game cache. You can use the following instruction to do the same.
    1. First of all you should load the Steam.
    2. Now you have to go for the Library Section and you have to right click on the game and choose the Properties menu.
    3. Now click on the Local files tab and click on the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE… button.
    4. Wait till the process gets completed and try to play the game on the computer of yours.

After going through the problem of yours I recommend that you should restart the Steam on the computer of yours.

Do you have installed any firewall or security software on the computer? If so than you should configure the same and see whether you are able to play the game.
    Also tell me whether do you have installed the latest version of DirectX as well as Graphic card drivers on the computer. If you have not done the same then I recommend that you should visit the official website and look for the latest version of the above mentioned software.

Well once you have find out the same you should simply download and install the same on the computer of yours. After installing the above mentioned software you should reboot the computer and then you should try to play the game on the computer of yours.

To fix the matter of yours I recommend that you should simply reinstall the game on the computer of yours.

I am not sure but their could be bug issue with the game and hence you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer of the game will work around on the situation and release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter of yours.