Thread: how is the Sims 3: Pets Genetics and Advanced Pattern/Effect Creation in CAP

how is the Sims 3: Pets Genetics and Advanced Pattern/Effect Creation in CAP

I am with horses as an example, for the reason that I did not actually start cat / dog still creating. However I'm sure the similar applies to those as well. At the moment, earlier than you start ranting, I would say that I really like the advanced options that are possible in the CAP. With some basic patterns, a little creativity and a lot of layers you can create stunning patterns and effects. Then I started experimenting with genetics, and found something that really did not like: The "randomness" of genetic inheritance that tends to create "patchwork" as children appears to be assembled from a bunch of different creatures. And usually the worst way possible. While this is great fun for the "challenges rare genetic offspring," is awful if you would like to raise half way "realistic" looking horses. The patterns are shifted and distorted through the body at random. And patterns and belongings which are unruffled of multiple coating are make sure "yes / no" on the way to be inherited or not, layer through layer unconnectedly.

Re: how is the Sims 3: Pets Genetics and Advanced Pattern/Effect Creation in CAP

Exactly as those designs, that you could probably even now spot pre-outlined for certain form zones, for example facial and leg markings. Unfortunately for those of us, who aren't matter with the few given forms, we'll come around to having all our undertaking "torn to pieces" in our steeds' posterity. Along these lines, what there is to do: pitch each one of those foals that wind up similar to that or adjust them thereafter in CAP to "settle" them. Which normally is a no-try for players who love legacy challenges and such where one of the objectives is to keep their Sims/pets as unmodified would be prudent.

Re: how is the Sims 3: Pets Genetics and Advanced Pattern/Effect Creation in CAP

I become aware of random patterns, which also, when I tried it. I have some stupid looking horse that mixes but also a more interesting and fascinating. But it does have some of the young unrealistic, but I guess that means you never know what is. I just hope it does not provide guidelines that none of the parents, for example, if the man has a unique star pattern and the mother has nothing and get a foal with the circles.

That's why I suggested as options for the horse very advanced developers who like a bit of realism. And, unfortunately, I had one or two of my experimental genetic descendants from the heart and the pattern palette, where neither parent had them. Just to clarify this. I have not the slightest problem with strange genetic experiments! I think the fun from time to time. However, my real theater, I would have.

Well, possibly be corrected previous to the pet is out? I do not mind that heredity is rare; however have a preference to keep my game realistic. possibly the model of "difficulty" is not what we should go and the terror possibly is the possibility of a pink / yellow / green and so on horse dog / cat / when either parent has that color!

I'm presently somebody who loves produce complex structures (I previously have three horse skins that are at max layers). It presently harms to perceive that there's zero possibility to acquire such possessions inherited as a complete bundle.

If equally parents have the similar pattern are supposed to have a superior possibility of getting a pony through that in addition, however at least it was confirmed that we can take the horses / cats / dogs in CAS in the game and rebuild their shelter. So at least we can control to some extent.

I was thinking about this previous to, accordingly at the same time as I was creating some custom layers, and both would be a great addition for those of us who want more realism in our offspring. It is fun to spend hours trying to perfect an idea or a particular color, when you have the daunting knowledge in the back of your mind that you will not be able to raise their creation and not end up with an epic of some variables clusterflump degree, since all layers use latest available (and that's one thing to improve the combination of layers!).

They have previously completed the CAP more complicated, as a result adding additional basics of the blockade and the synthesis of the layers it is no extra. I will go one step further and make the bold suggestion that we should have at least two types of layers to inherit; base coat, white markings, and the ability to lock the claws and eye color marks.

I've become aware of something similar with cats and dogs as well. It can be so intense with them, but in a dog that I was messing with, I have a pattern that was half on one side and half on the other. I did get one that through breeding with breeds at random and whatever. In terms of complexity, someone will come up with a guide, sooner or later.

EA seems to have make use of the photo editing / painting programs such as PaintShop Pro as a sample script that could be why the interface is not real easy to use, however after that we are taking exactly what they need feedback from users. If you are going to take is another matter.