Thread: Football Manager 2012 will support 64bit/ Multicore cpu systems

Football Manager 2012 will support 64bit/ Multicore cpu systems

I wonder if fm2012 64 bits/Multicore support CPU systems. I hate to see the delay of game after a couple of years and my CPU usage for the most part do not exceed 20 or 30 percent.

Re: Football Manager 2012 will support 64bit/ Multicore cpu systems

Paradox Interactive snub was also known as Multicore support, but when they put in their Hearts of Iron 3 games (the expansion of the nation) just fire the game through my computer. Multicore long years would make our game much more enjoyable.

Paradox was not being fair to offend them. They created a new engine to run their games before multicores began to emerge and resisted to make it work for multicores. I am happy they have now and I hope FM 2012 is as well well-matched with 64 bits. Clock speed is not the only thing that determines the power of the processor. Pentium chips have less cache and only operate in a very inefficient. When the game is processing only uses a base, I think the game engine uses multi though. Forgot to add that with a quad core computer automatically donate a core wholly for the use of Football Manager, and utilize the other cores of the background processes of the window. A single core will have to work all by itself.

This is misleading, however, such as dual-core processors are generally very old and therefore naturally much slower than the new processors, but that's not fair to the number of cores. If desired, an X6 will be much faster than a Core 2 Duo, but the X6 only uses two cores.

Not sure how many times you have to say. FM makes use of multiple physical cores, is not very large, threaded virtual cores, this is only used when the results of "detail" party processing, so if you only set the division of the details or not running many leagues you almost never see your changes will hit 100% cpu load. As for my humble opinion, no 64-bit to FM14 at the earliest, if FM13 is a dedicated 64-bit program then I will be pleasantly surprised.

It depends on how the program is written. A program was written without word sizes in question could be linked easily with 32-bit and 64-bit and just work on the proper architecture. Can be optimized for 64-bit, but the majority games do not, as it is placing all your eggs in one basket. Linking 64-bit frequently has important performance improvements, as it links with the x86-64 which has two additional entries, so you can take advantage of it and improve its speed. For math-intensive operations such as video encoding, you can even see the reduced processing time by half, simply because of the superior architecture.

I play FM2010 and FM2011 on a Lenovo W510 with 8 GB of RAM and a CPU i7-820QM (which is 4 cores / threads 8) in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and flying more or less, not sure if FM is specifically designed for the use of multiple cores, but the CPU are in themselves good enough to divide instructions and use all your cores. Since then, they have no problem in Windows 7 64 bits in a multi-core / wire machine in several ways.

Although the appointment was a bit underrated I agree, but what I'm trying to say is basically 64-bit processors at least 4 years of age because it is the time I had mine and not even take the transition in a program that has been running since the day seems very weak point. Yes I agree with much of the logic of the changing needs of rewrite, but this does not have to make the dough for the entire program.

Every year we see people complaining about speed issues and yet all we have of SI is a redesigned graphical user interface. Without doubt, a team of programmers dedicated to the optimization is not much to ask; even saving just one second in the common code can save processing time generally massive in the game. The multi-core multithreading and 64-bit computing is here is here are considered a common place is still a large amount of data-driven program, such as FM does not fully implement it.

I am at present playing FM11 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo with 4 GB of RAM and sprint the game well, I think. I will wait for the game and see how I get on, but I am not expecting too many troubles. I defragmented the hard drive, run spyware \ virus scans and update my graphics card drivers. If I have too much trouble then I will consider a new graphics card and RAM a little more than something that is considered anyway. There is no need for a new PC still believes.