Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working in Windows 8

Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working in Windows 8

I have been using flight simulator for some time now. Recently it has stopped working all together. Actually I installed this Microsoft Flight Simulator two days before on my windows 8. Now it gives splashscreen after opening this application and gives the error message as “Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working”. I need to fix this issue. Can anybody help me to fix this issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working in Windows 8

All point to a video driver problem. Go to your video card site and get the latest Win 8 drivers. This is necessary because the currently installed windows 8 developer review gives the video driver problem onto this system. Hence you need to use the online driver installation process to do this task. this will be work to fix your flight simulator not working trouble.

If you haven't tried using the Repair feature when you insert the FSX disk into your DVD drive, you may want to try that also. This repair facility of this FSX disk will be help to fix your issue. Then this application allows you to operate a simulated aircraft using either your mouse or another controller. Hence try to do this task and locate the result onto it.

A flight simulator is a device that can range from PC laptop-based models of aircraft systems. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically. This program run in the backdrop to provide some restrictions to play such high configuration games onto windows based system. In that case, we need to kill such background process onto it. this will be help to fix your issue onto such windows 8 system.

You need to carry out a Clean Startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your games or programs. This process will be help to check that all the background process will make problem to play this game or not. If it gives problem then we need to use task manager onto windows 8 and kill all this running background process that makes such problem. Try to do this task using the task manager and locate the result onto it.

You need to try the compatibility modes onto windows 8. This is necessary to fix such kind of game crashing problem. After fixing the compatibility mode, it works to fix your game stopped working problem on windows 8. Here you can also use the Windows 7 mode to play this video game on windows 8.

For doing this compatibility mode changing task you need to use following process:
    • First Right click on the Flight Simulator program icon 7 & select properties option.
    • Then choose the compatibility tab.
    • In that tab, you need to pick the "Run the program in compatibility mode for" check box and go for “Windows 7” in the drop down menu. This will be work to work the same program but in previously installed windows 7 OS.
    • Finally select Apply button and click on OK. It fix your problem.

You need to install the latest DirectX driver onto this system. Then only you can see the correct result onto this system. You can found this DirectX driver using online driver update help. Then use this and see the result onto your windows 8 system.

Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. You need to take such kind of help to fix your installation problem. This is necessary to fix your installation problem. The official site expert as well as manual of this game also works to fix such issue. Then apply the respective solution on this system. I hope that it works to fix your problem.

I installed FS2004 & fs2002 into Windows 8 Pro and found no aircraft displayed in any window when selecting an aircraft and the aircrafts will not turn left or right while on the simulated ground either of the joystick or keyboard keys. but when the aircrafts are flying everything works as normal apart from the mouse that seems to swell and turns black, but when I place the mouse arrow on the instrument buttons the mouse arrow turns white. the rest of the fsXXXX works normal.

Quote Originally Posted by search View Post
    I installed FS2004 & fs2002 into Windows 8 Pro and found no aircraft displayed in any window when selecting an aircraft and the aircrafts will not turn left or right while on the simulated ground either of the joystick or keyboard keys. but when the aircrafts are flying everything works as normal apart from the mouse that seems to swell and turns black, but when I place the mouse arrow on the instrument buttons the mouse arrow turns white. the rest of the fsXXXX works normal.
    Have you tried to run the game in compatability mode in Windows 8? Follow the below steps:

1. From Start, swipe in from the right edge of the screen and then tap Search (or if you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search).
    2. Enter troubleshoot in the search box, choose Settings, and then choose Troubleshooting.
    3. Tap or click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
    4. Follow the steps provided.

More information here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w...evices-working