Thread: can you gift Cities XL 2012 by steam account?

can you gift Cities XL 2012 by steam account?

I have a shared PC with my brother. Each has their individual accounts of steam, independent games. If you are not used to steam, there are games that do not require the application of steam running in the background, which means that even though it is registered with a particular account, if the game is installed on the computer, can be executed without access Steam. Cities XL 2011 is this type of game, which is pretty cool, because my brother bought a few months ago with 75% discount. He does not like sandbox games, so most of them have played, which is possible, even when I am on my Steam account. We now have the opportunity to update the game Cities XL 2012, at a reduced price (U.S. $ 13.50), which is awesome, however I would like to acquaint with if he can gift the game to me, however I have not the Cities XL 2011 within my library of games. How we can do this? Do you guys have any idea about it?

Re: can you gift Cities XL 2012 by steam account?

Not as much as I am acquainted with, you are able to only pay money for and new game toward gift to somebody. You are not able to gift games that were formerly purchased resting on your Steam account on the way to friends.

Thank you for your reply, yes I am acquainted with that. Thing is, at what time I log in all the way through my brother's account, I am able to pay money for Cities XL 2012 in favor of the reduced price and present it to somebody (the "Buy for a Gift" choice is obtainable). I don't acquaint with if it'll employ, and don't would similar to risk it.

That's what I said you can pay money for any new games / dlc and gift to anyone. What you can perform is the gift of a game that you have already purchased. As your brother could buy the whole (complete set) and a gift for you. It would make no sense in it; buy only the part of the expansion and gifts to you because you do not have 2011.

It theoretically isn't a dlc/addon within steam. It’s presently a "special offer" and I'm pretty convinced the game itself will be bring the similar approach in spite of of whether you pay money for the occupied version or make use of that "particular offer". I am as well able to utilize CXL2011 devoid of having CXL-LE installed. The query is if there some check at what time you are with a gift-key in favor of cxl2012 or gifting it straightforwardly to a friend and it’s a actually superior question. I doubt it.

Maybe it's the same game, but what you pay is the license. If you already have 2011 you only pay for the expansion, if payment of the 2011/2112 game. I have serious doubts that he could buy gifts and run the version of the expansion of discount on a new account that has no license and 2011 installed. Since they are two separate games and the offer is an offer that I think might work if I have a positive response or no response at all I'm going to try tomorrow and after what happened.

Hello guys if you are having doubt about it then please go with the following link. I am sure that this will clear your all doubts. Still if you are having any queries then mail that to steam assistants they will clear your doubt.
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...6262-QXCN-0755