Thread: Things needed to play new titles like Battlefield 3

Things needed to play new titles like Battlefield 3

I can play almost games specially BF3 on my computer with my existing computer configuration but I want to play those games with pretty good setting. I was also thinking to upgrade my system as I have not updated my computer from last two years. Below is the existing specification for my computer.
    • AMD AHTLON XII 215 Dual core @ 2.7Ghz
    • 3gb DDR2 @ 800Mhz
    • 320gb 5400m rpm
    • MSI Geforce GT 430 OC Edition
    • 250 Watt power supply
    • 2 generic cooling fans ( i forgot what brand)

Can somebody tell me that what more can I do with this in order to improve the performance. My budget for this is $300.

Re: Things needed to play new titles like Battlefield 3

I would like to tell you that the motherboard which you are using is not compatible with through the processor. You must go with some Intel build.

If you want to play the BF3 on your computer with the best setting then it will be better for you to search for the minimum system requirements for that game and compare that with your system and see you are lacking in what aspect. Once you get idea of that then you can only judge that what are the things that should be added in your computer. Good Luck!!!

Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3
    • Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
    • RAM: 2GB
    • Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
    • Graphics card memory: 512 MB
    • Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
    • Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3
    • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
    • RAM: 4GB
    • Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.
    • Graphics card memory: 1 GB
    • Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
    • Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

For a title like Battlefield 3, as ambitious as expected by their fans, the revelation of the PC system requirements is certainly an important appointment for assessment of any planned upgrades to your system in anticipation of the arrival of their favorite game on the market. This event has come in these hours, after publication in the beta page for hardware requirements for the PC version of Battlefield 3 is the recommended minimum: stands for the absence of support for Windows XP, but as components must have at least a Dual Core 2GHz, 2GB of RAM and a DirectX 10 compatible graphics card with at least 512MB of RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000 and NVIDIA GeForce series 8, 9, 200, 300, 400, 500).

The recommended requirements rather see a Windows 7 64-bit on display, followed by Quad-Core CPU, 4GB of RAM and a DirectX 11 compatible video card with 1GB of RAM. Remind you that in the release of Battlefield 3 is scheduled for October 25 on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will return after the break for the full detail of the requirements.

Battlefield 3 will have to offer some well graphically, if it meets the promise of the screenshots and trailers. However, this will also mean that the hardware requirements for those who want to play Battlefield 3 then also in the highest resolution and detail density are high. An i7 quad-core processor, 4 GB RAM and 20 GB on the hard disk must be already planned, just like a DirectX 11-compatible graphics card with 1024 MB of video memory. An nVidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950 should be installed in the machine already, so there is fluid according to the manufacturer runs on high details.

There were many who wondered about what would need to move PC such a spectacle. Well, DICE has been quick to reveal the minimum and recommended requirements of the game, as expected, will be a bit demanding, besides the fact that Battlefield 3 will not be compatible either with DirectX9, or Windows XP. Also, note that through Twitter yesterday asked developers whether the PC DICE was moving the demo had two or three SLI Nvidia GTX580.

Just check the minimum requirements for Battlefield 3 as already posted above and you will have better idea of this.