Thread: Is GTA Vice City Best themed game?

Is GTA Vice City Best themed game?

I am big fans of playing the action games and I have played the GTA Vice City and San Andrea’s games. Moreover, while playing this both the games I can say that Vice City nailed the atmosphere of the 80's Miami better than 90's San Andreas or GTA IV. Moreover, I can say that the talks with the radio stations are best of the GTA's. Moreover, all other radio stations have done great job creating the 80's feel. What you all people would like to say about the GTA Vice City games?

re: Is GTA Vice City Best themed game?

Yes, I can also say the same as you are thinking, and I think that this is only because of 80's is so damn easy to create. For that I will say you to look at a shirt, you can instantly tell if it was inspired by the 80's. Same with the music. In addition, because I have also played this game so I can say that radio stations in Vice were the best. While playing the game, I used to just drive around doing city run type race, this is because I didn’t want a mission to interrupt the music.

Rajni Guest

On his satire was trying to do today. It's easier to parody a time 10 years ago, looking back, and then try to parody today. GTA IV had on paper the recession and the economy goes down in the gutter of a year in advance before the stock market down and being without a job is rising. San Andreas the gangsta rap made sense, but they have no pop hits radio station type 90. They had some good songs for some place, but 70 of funk, reggae, and period and country station did not fit very well. The classic rap station should have been called Old Skool rap or something.

I can say here that the music was largely a failure for me. They did a good job of collecting some good songs from SA, and it's nice. But the 80 are much better. I kind of hope Rockstar returns to Vice City for the next. Seeing polished, and possibly have a lot more surrounding area to explore would be fantastic. Even if they do not do another satire of the 80 that would be fun.

GTA 1 to 3 was mind blow how it seem, and I was still blow gone by GTA IV and what was the equal of the cathedral or building they modeled in GTA 3 of how much the hardware has changed.For San Andreas, it did get me paying notice into Tom Petty, that one song by Stone Temple Pilots. And also I think that it is wary how they keep the universe consistencies in the radio like Lazlow and other radio characters that get revisited. I think it would be neat if the protagonists in other GTA's were worked in the stories. Like Tommy Vercetti and CJ Johnson.

San Andreas NAILED the early 90's Compton gangster scence. The setting in that game was very very well done. Doesn't seem to get that much credit though.

Fine, I know that the parody knock off areas better than the actual areas. For Rockstar Games with the LA situation, Los Santos did a more complete area of LA compared to the more detailed version of Midnight Club LA. Midnight Club LA did not have the east LA nor did it seem to have as much topography and variety as Los Santos.

Here still I can say that there are not much to do.This is because I still just appreciated heavy around Vice City listen in to the grand soundtrack. I really, really hope they do the next GTA in Vice City. I tried to go back and play Vice City a even as back but found I could not get around the static camera.

idea re: Is GTA Vice City Best themed game?

Hey there,

As you say, that's right, for the '80s soundtrack, I will be glad with literally any music that came out in the early part of that decade as that was the golden age of music. And yes, there is a reason that GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories are so awesome, and that is because the entire soundtrack is taken from that period. Vice City Stories was one of the reason that I bought my XBOX.

After seeing all the comments over here, now I have decided to go back to ply the San Andreas, this is because it feels extremely dated after playing games like Saints Row 2 and Just Cause 2. And I can say also that this is having the uneven frame rate, wacky vehicle controls and outdated shooting mechanics. But still after having this all things I love this game.