Thread: quake 3 arena crashes with windows vista

quake 3 arena crashes with windows vista

in my computer I have installed the quake 3 arena game which is old game and I have dual OS in my computer. now I normally use both the OS in my computer. now problem is when I try to play the game from windows XP in my computer at that time it works fine but when I try to play the quake 3 arena windows Vista at that time it gets crash. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

Re: quake 3 arena crashes with windows vista

Does this game crashes when you double click on the icon or it start properly and after sometime it gets crashes. if game is crashing sometimes after launching it then there might be problem with the game resolution and if the game crashes at the time of launch then something else is causing this issue.

I will also suggest you the same in if you are able to start the game and after that it gets crashed then you have to first start the game and then you have to go to the display setting and after going in to the setting you have to first change the resolution and after changing the resolution you have to check whether you are facing the same problem with the quake 3 game or not. if you are not facing the same problem then you have to it is good.

if you are facing the same problem after trying above problem then you have to uninstall the Quake 3 arena from your computer and after that you have to install the game again in your computer and afetr installing the game in your computer again you have to see whether same problem is coming or not. many times reinstalling the game can solve this type of issue.

NevaVazV Guest

Well according to me you should run the quake 3 arena in compatibility mode and then you have to check whether it gets crashes or not. I think after running the game in compatibility mode your problem will get solved.

If you don’t know about how to run the Quake 3 in computability mode then you have to right click on the Quake 3 icon. now after that you have to click on the properties and after clicking on the properties you have to select the compatibility tab and after that change the game compatibility from there. Now after that you have to sect the OK button and then you have to check whether problem gets solved or not.

I have tried all the setting in the game and I have also reinstalled the game in my computer but after that also am having the same issue with the Quake 3 game. now after that I have also changes the compatibility of the game but that doesn’t helped me to solve this.

is there any other way to fix that issue?

Try to fix this problem by reinstalling the graphic drivers. in my computer I was also facing the same problem and then I have reinstalled the graphic drivers and after reinstalling that your problem get solved. Now quake 3 is working fine.