Thread: Disappointed with Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

Disappointed with Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

The game looks great and is certainly nice in terms of gameplay and due to its more realistic story, it lacks a few of the qualities of the previous simulation, games presented, especially the unusual to use the hardware to game (flight stick and throttle control). Namco / Bandai 's choice to make the user more enjoyable ACAH in an attempt to expand its popularity in the gaming community has in turn alienated players looking for qualities such as simulation, that Aces project has offered in the past with games like Ace Combat 6, Ace Combat Zero and Ace Combat 5.

Re: Disappointed with Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

I know this because after my friend bought ACAH PS3 yesterday, we went to attempt our AC5 flight stick and throttle control and establish that the dissatisfaction that not only does not work, there was not even an alternative in the menu driver settings change our PS3 Dualshock controller to an unusual form of hardware. So I called the offices of Namco Bandai America in California, and spoke with a technician of the Division of Ace Combat, I said they have not developed any type of hardware for the game, they have no plans to develop hardware for the game, and that Is not Even the game design to be compatible with a flight stick / throttle controller. This was a major disappointment to hear, and I decided not to play the game because I cannot play with the controller. It is much easier, much more realistic and more fun to play with a stick flight and throttle control, and I cannot stand to play the game without these controls.

Other than that, just enter the menu to change options once the original best, I see a problem with that (unless you're a lazy ass did not even bother to do that [for which]) . Also, why not buy a Flightstick? It's not like they were going to give free or anything else. From what I read, there is no need to change Flightstick drivers, just plug and play. Ultimately, this is only 90% trifles. And I really do not see much talk about the good parts.

I think everyone can clearly see the positive changes / qualities and Assault horizon. However, let me throw in a few that I like because I realize my post was more of a complaint from a prestigious (although publication of the post and getting answers from you is exactly the reason I joined ACS). I love that the story was written by an author not only experienced, but in a way that is more realistic and likely that some of the others have been in the past. I think it's fantastic that the real countries were used as actors in this game, and real-world institutions / organizations such as NATO and the UN were also used. I think the plot is interesting, but not dominant as some have been in the past. It has definitely been more tightly integrated in this installment of the series.

Once again I love the soundtrack to Ace Combat. I will not say anything about it, as I have seen that there is a thread on the topic. The graphics, especially the graphics landscape / background as well as graphics and close-combat dog fighting, have been greatly improved and the work of the designers of the game "is worthy of praise. Above all I am happy to see Ace Combat on multiple platforms, now runs on both consoles, PS3 and XBOX.

The game seems great, and please comprehend that I am fed AC is back and I am heartbroken by my inability and unwillingness to play the game lacking the appropriate hardware, however, is a personal decision I have made and continue my efforts both to praise the progress that has been done and the project aces hearten you not to forget their roots.

Ace battle has not at all been a "simulator" or simulator 50%, and that is why I utilized "simulator-like" in post to describe what I was looking for and what I thought was the previous games. For consoles, AC has been one of the finest semi-production simulators, similar to the Gran Turismo series in terms of being a driving simulator.

I fear that as designers and producers to continue the trend toward making the games "user friendly" we will lose what some of you have at least admitted is a game that is 10% simulator. I love Ace Combat 04, 5, and zero (which is probably like 6, but could not afford an XBOX after buying a PS3) and will continue to play with my AC5 Flightstick and throttle control, and I bought the soundtrack Assault Horizonte, because I at least want some way personally support the Ace Combat series. As I said, my brother bought the game, and I will continue to enjoy watching him play.

I really think this is a major oversight, and as I said, you cannot go buy another Flightstick. The game was not designed to be compatible with any hardware other than the Xbox 360 controller or PS3 controller. Believe me, I would like. Just wondering if anyone out there feels the pain? I doubt any of you is so extreme and yes, idiot that I did not even play the game, but I'm a purist and will be content to play the other games when I have the opportunity CA.

There are some things in life that just is not going to get, no matter how bad you want it, and all we can do about it is a commitment or move on. I've never played Ace Combat for its "sim" qualities and did not care much about it, it has always been history, music, and a game above all else. Also, I think flying clubs as obstacles, because it spoils my coordination and reaction time decreases.